The Technical Product Marketer will be the product-technology evangelist within Digital Software & Solutions (DS&S) Marketing for our Client. You will be responsible for driving and reinforcing DS&S’ technical value proposition, building supporting marketing, sales and enablement content, and presenting to internal stakeholders, customers, influencers, partners, and at key industry events. The role involves working closelywithother members of marketing, sales, sales engineering, product management, and engineering. Strong experience in technical productmarketing, sales engineering, or product management is essential.
A significant portion of this role will be customer facing. The right candidate will be able to articulate our product vision and value propositions and get an agreement from the customers on concrete technical and business proposals involving DS&S products. This will be achieved through the collection and identification of the functional and non-functional requirements and developing strong solution proposals that align to DS&S offerings. The technical product marketer must also be able to demonstrate DS&S products, using high-value use cases to connect capabilities to business value propositions that are of relevance to the target audience.
Functional knowledge of the use of advanced analytics and/or IoT platforms in the Retail, Banking, Telecom and city/local government sectors is a distinct advantage. Must be familiar with BI architecture components and stack. The ability to quickly learn, understand and adapt to industry trends, strength and weaknesses of the competition, and our core value proposition will be critical to this role.
You must be passionate about technology and have strong written and verbal communication skills. If you cannot effectively articulate and showcase technologywith flair to different audiences, you will not succeed in this role, regardless of your other attributes.
• Be the marketing subject matter expert for the DS&S’ Customer Intelligence & Insights and Intelligent Urban Exchange offerings and contribute to the creation and use of sales, marketing and enablement content as required
• Devise product positioning strategies, demonstrate authoritative knowledge about the product in front of potential customers, partners, and salespeople, listen carefully to feedback and pain points, and react to them in a mature and well thought out manner
• Do strategic fitment of DS&S products against customer pain points or business requirements and deliver strong business and technical solution proposals where alignment exists
• Deliver impactful presentations and software demonstration sessions to internal stakeholders and external audiences
• Speak authoritatively about competing products and be able to articulate DS&S strengths and differentiation, point out weaknesses in competing products, and actively look for potential opportunities or threats
• Integrity and Trust
• Business Acumen
• Drive for Results
• Peer Relationships
• Customer Focus
Education & Experience
• Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases
• Bachelordegree or greater
• 3-6+ years in technical productmarketing, sales engineering or product management in enterprise software
• At least 10 years of experience in BI, Advanced Analytics, or IOT
• Deep understanding, experience, and functional knowledge in one or more of the following industry verticals: Telecommunications, Banking/Finance, Retail/Consumer Products, City/Local Government
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%, domestically in the United States and Internationally
• Fluent English
• Bachelordegree or greater in Computer Science or related discipline
• Worked on projects involving the use of data from multiple sources and applied advanced analytics to develop accurate diagnosis and prediction and drive systematic prescriptive and preventative action