Day in the Life of a Kasa Product Manager
Like any Product Manager, there is no ‘typical day’. To deliver on the role outlined above, we expect to start with a thoughtful planning process. Typically done quarterly, the planning phase includes setting or revising a long-term strategy to guide the team using the latest data and business circumstances.
Next, you’ll lead the team through a brainstorming process for novel solutions to supplement any existing ideas to execute on that strategy. Through the planning and subsequent discovery phase, we expect a deep familiarity (bordering on obsession) with understanding our infrastructural needs.
Combining data, conversations and intuition, you will update and prioritize the roadmap and strategy to maintain a set of high-impact projects to accomplish each quarter. We then use a two-week sprint to bring these projects to life. We expect rapid testing and iteration to gather validated learnings and ship a better product each sprint. Finally, you’ll craft clear and compelling demonstrations of the team’s work to share with internal and external stakeholders.
- 5+ years of relevant Product Management (or equivalent) experience
- Demonstrated success in delivering services or platform products
- Experience with payment or accounting platforms
- Experience working with databases, cloud services, or serverless technologies
- Experience leading a product integration with 3rd party APIs such as Stripe, Twilio, AWS, Auth0, or many more
- You're proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You're lighthearted and can handle stressful situations with a calm and positive demeanor
- You enjoy technology and you're eager to learn new systems and platforms
- You are a technically-oriented influential leader with vision and can easily communicate with the engineering team and cross-functional stakeholders alike
- You are an expert in your field, have a strong EQ, and are able to generate deep empathy with team members to truly listen and implement product feedback
- If you are not located in the Bay Area, you are able and excited to travel 1-2x per quarter to San Francisco or Hungary
- Travel is part of your DNA and you have a passion for the real estate, tech, and hospitality industry
- You've worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You've worked for small and large enterprise companies
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having..
- Set a compelling product vision for our Services & Infra team
- Worked with the technology team to ship multiple high-impact products that lead to lasting infrastructural improvements and accurate data
- Become a respected leader and thought partner by your engineering team and the Kasa leadership team
- Understood the technical challenges facing companies in the furnished hospitality space