Technical Product Managers at Riot combine deep technical knowledge and experience with product leadership capabilities to enable Riot to deliver key products and supporting systems to players.
As a Technical Product Manager II for the Tech Vertical: Server team, you will develop technical foundations, processes and tools that help deliver the League of Legends: Wild Rift experience to mobile players on a global scale.You will partner with Tencent and Riot stakeholders to ensure that we’re making excellent decisions for players in order to enable a global launch, sustainable global operations and a cross platform future. You will report into the Product Lead of Wild Rift’s Tech Vertical initiative(TV).
This role will require occasional travel to China.
- Lead and manage process for the TV: Server team
- Define and drive a strategy and roadmap for the TV: Server team, taking into account product and technical compromises between multiple teams
- Deliver on roadmap collaboratively with teams across Riot and Tencent in both LA and China
- Own the problem space of cross initiative server technology on Wild Rift
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts to drive best practices in the technology that is built and the software development lifecycle
- Define and run rituals across Riot and Tencent to ensure clear quality bars are set and technical goals are met
- Manage and inform stakeholders in both Riot and Tencent
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience developing and operating a live game service
- Excellent teamwork, team leadership, and communication
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Broad understanding of operational and development challenges
- Worked with and led agile teams
- Engineering background, particularly in services, operations, or infrastructure
- Experience with DevOps, Infrastructure Operations or SRE
- Experience with systems/services that operate at global scale
- Mandarin fluency is a plus
- Experience working with geographically remote teams
- Experience with mobile platforms, consoles, and/or Unity