What you will be doing
As a Technical Product Manager and team lead, you will work on a range of complex (and fun!) problems and will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of new product functionality.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and Supplier Relations. Your performance will be measured by your ability to translate high-level requirements into detailed product specifications, identify problems that need to be solved, and own the process from start to finish. We are looking for people who love complex problems with real world impact.
Who we are
TripSource Hotels is BCD Travel's core technology platform that combines content from major Global Distribution Systems, hotel booking aggregators and private inventory sources to enable corporate travelers and travel agents to book over 900,000 hotels on both desktop and mobile devices.
TSH's consumer-centric approach features a powerful search engine with custom filters, ratings, photos, maps and more. A robust rules engine allows for custom client configuration and seamless mid- and back-office integration.
A high degree of responsibility and independence. A friendly work atmosphere (no jerks). The technology stack and environment of a startup backed by a large global company. A chance to help craft our product, processes, and culture.
- Collaborate with internal business stakeholders to formulate and prioritize product development roadmap
- Translate high-level requirements into detailed development-ready specifications, focusing on complex back-end application logic and 3rd party API integrations
- Work closely with development and QA teams to ensure high quality and timely releases
- Manage expectations of product delivery scope and timelines with internal stakeholders; escalate and proactively resolve third-party dependencies
- Take initiative to independently discover business logic flaws, data imperfections, and potential product enhancements, and drive continuous product improvement
- Serve as the go-to person for technical and functional product knowledge; lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities, such as end user training, product demos, product documentation, testing and rollout
- 4+ years of technical product management experience, focusing on complex back-end functionality, preferably in an enterprise software development environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technically oriented with strong attention to detail... understand product and business logic, data sources and uses, technical limitations, and feature inter-dependencies
- Analytical ability, demonstrated by being able to quickly grasp and break apart complex and ambiguous concepts into logical, understandable, and sequenced development steps
- Ability to drive projects to completion with little structure and guidance
- BA/BS in a technical discipline, MBA and/or a technical graduate degree is a plus
- Prior GDS technology (global distribution systems, e.g., Amadeus, Sabre, Travelport) and/or corporate travel industry experience is a major plus