The Technical Product Managers will be responsible for overall coordination and management of assigned platform products from definition, development, release to production and introduction into the marketplace. This position involves close interaction with R&D, product execution teams and key customers. Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, writing product requirements documents or Agile product backlogs, monitoring the implementation of each product project and managing the scrum team’s cadence with thoughtful leadership.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Define product requirements (roadmaps, workflows) for introduction to development teams. Write product requirements and usage scenarios
- Develop and maintain a prioritized list of enhancements/features based on revenue impact/cost savings.
- Develop, coordinate and ensure successful execution of release/launch plan according to the FARO new product development process. Communicate needs and project status to product execution team.
- Test and validate functional specifications are being met during the development process.
- Represent the "voice of the customer" to R&D, customer service, supply chain, production and total quality teams from ideation through launch.
- Reach out to end users and potential customers on a regular schedule. Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and processes.
- Conduct technology assessments, including industry innovations.
- Evangelize products internally and keep the team motivated to perform at a high level.
- Educate and train all internal departments on new or enhanced products.
- Lead user group and user conference webinars and meetings.
- Work with Vertical team to define market requirements and user personas for individual products and assist in analyzing the competitive landscape.
- Collect, analyze and summarize competitive information. Educate company on relative competitive advantages and weaknesses of competitive products.
- Manage product end of life and transitions.
- Ensure product and process follows corporate and department policies and procedures.
This position requires:
- Bachelordegree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical or Optical Engineering and 7+ years of product management/product development experience. Advanced technical degree is a plus.
- Must have experience with industrial hardware products. Experience with lasers, laser scanning, galvanometers, or metrology technology is a plus.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and works well in teams
- Robust interpersonal skills with evidence of teamwork and collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers at all levels
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to build consensus across functional boundaries
- Ability to create effective plans and manage diverse and multiple tasks while balancing short and long-term goals
- Experience in hardware and software design
- Familiar with Agile development process
- Travelrequired including overnights and weekends. Trips include customer site visits, new product demonstrations, trade shows and other company facilities as required.
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events