Technical Product Manager for an internal platform group with a focus on continuous integration, continuous deployment, and modern developer experience tools. As a Product Manager you will be responsible for driving the vision and technical design for projects such as improving the infrastructure for product releases, continuous integration, code deployment to production, and developer experience. The role requires you to have a deep understanding of environments for effective software development, testing and deployment for web-enabled services; calling upon that knowledge to make critical technical design decisions.
- Lead and advise one or more scrum teams, prioritizing their work, providing mentorship and guidance on technical decisions, and ensuring alignment of teams to strategic goals
- Builds, groom and prioritizes team backlogs. Articulates clear user requirements, stories and requirements
- Communicate with developers, clients and other stakeholders of the group to understand their needs and influence them to enable best practices and make best use of the tools available
- Identify and evaluate open source and commercial software/cloud solutions to determine where and how to leverage them, or when it is more appropriate to build from scratch
- Act as the responsible owner of systems critical to the production and deployment of software at athenahealth.
- Participates in scrum meetings and ceremonies.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of professional experience
- An understanding of software development and software engineering
- An ability to understand and drive the solution of complex technical problems
- Experience in identifying best-in-class software solutions
- Expert software engineering skills and deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration / continuous delivery environments
- Excellent understanding of scalable, cloud architectures and experience in applying them to real world problems
- Experience working in large scale, agile environments.
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- Ability to clearly present and communicate technical ideas to business leads.
- Ability to identify and build technical strategies for improvement within products
- Advanced data-driven approach to problem solving
- Advanced ability to influence with business stakeholders and peers in relation to decisions on technical and strategic goals
- Collaborative style with focus on quality decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to innovate and drive both new initiatives and change within the current architecture
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative and flexibility to ensure team goal alignment