The Technical Product Manager has responsibility for developing and implementing new products within the Advanced Technology Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conceptualize, plan, develop and implement new products supporting multiple markets including Reserve Power, Motive Power and Aerospace &Defense.
• Develop and provide leadership for innovative product designs leveraging new technologies.
• Evaluate competitors and emerging technology trends.
• Develop standardized design rules and methodologies to allow new technology deployment across multiple markets.
• Develop new product design models leveraging EnerSys modeling techniques.
• Lead design resources in developing and executing new product designs.
• Capture and document product requirements including industry specifications.
• Incorporate Six Sigma design techniques whenever possible.
• Develop and validate component prototypes.
• Develop and execute product validation plans using internal or external laboratory services.
• Coordinate documentation of product validation test data and write test reports as necessary.
• Lead Product FMEA and support Process FMEA activities
• Develop and manage EnerSys product design IP portfolio relating to new technologies.
• Integrate product designs into ERP system.
• Develop product ratings based on validation data.
• Provide sustaining engineering on products introduced into manufacturing.
• Perform general design activities such as requirements management, materials and component selection.
• Management skills of planning, organizing, and controlling parallel and multiple projects are essential to all aspects of the position.
• Effective communication skills are required to document work activity, prepare written communications for both technical and non-technical audiences and make presentations to all levels of management as well as customers, vendors, and other industry professionals.
• Interface effectively suppliers, plant management and corporate functions to exchange information and resolve problems.
• Must be creative, have excellent analytical skills, possess high personal performance standards and be comfortable operating in a fast paced environment.
• Knowledge of ISO quality system requirements including application and maintenance ISO 9000/2000 and ISO 14000 operational models.
• Demonstrate a consistently positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional attitude as well as behaviors consistent with support of successful, cost efficient, and customer oriented operation of the Richmond plant.
• Demonstrates “leadership by example” with high ethical standards.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including: (a) ability to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (b) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (c) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; (d) respond appropriately to criticism from managers and peers.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
English: Ability to communicate to all levels of the work force to remove barriers and collaborate with key stakeholders to enable change.
Able to influence others, remove barriers to success, motivate, support and empower others to enable change.
Advanced skills in computer programs including Micro soft word/excel/minitab
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
1. Must be a change agent.
2. Effective communication skills written and verbal.
• You should possess either a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10 or more years of relevant experience or a Master's of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 5 or more years of experience.
• In-depth knowledge of valve regulated lead acid cell and battery design.
• Hands on experience in VRLA battery development processes
• 15 + years direct experience in VRLA battery design and development.
• In depth knowledge of injection molding processes and equipment.
• In depth experience with lead acid battery manufacturing processes.
• Good interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient on CAD tools such as SolidWorks.