Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Are you a highly motivated, customer-oriented problem solver? Do you bring order to chaos and thrive in ambiguity? Do you create paths forward when others are stuck and adapt quickly to change? Then we want you on the Enterprise Data Services team.
- Responsible for one or more highly complex product/project delivery. With minimal guidance, develops a product strategy for the specific area and leads project execution. Represents their product to customers and to peers across PayPal and is seen as a critical stakeholder for feedback on new feature ideas.
- Go to person for their product's feature, design and domain details. Ability to present information about their product to stakeholders and senior management.
- Engage with internal or external customers for requirements. Ability to capture, document and present requirements without any assistance.
- Understand and provide inputs for the trade-offs in launching the feature. Successfully able to collaborate to resolve deadlocks and present feasible solutions. Ability to drive an agreement on a solution and its adoption.
- Facilitate technical discussion for their product and provide feedback and inputs in the technical and architectural design. Ability to review the tech specs and architectural design docs.
- Manage the expectation of internal and external customer by effectively prioritizing resources, work and negotiating product/project needs.
- Lead the team to ideate, do POC and implement change to bring innovation in their product, grooming new technologies and presenting them to management
- 5-7 years relevant experience in technology management, leading technology teams in a high growth/high velocity environment.
- Strong understanding of database principles, SQL, and experience working with large databases
- Demonstrated aptitude for risk identification and mitigation
- Effective people management and development skills at all levels, including strong capability in relating to technical staff.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across geographies and time zones is essential.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and with cross-functional teams, should have appetite to learn and be flexible to pick up new technology.
- Customer focused individual with proven experience in delivering complex analysis within short time frames, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Organized, deliberate, and reliable in structuring work, and effective as a problem solver.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in relevant field preferred.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.