Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient's genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, We empower physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient's unique pathology.
As a Product Manager at Tempus, you'll be on the front lines of our battle to develop and deliver cutting-edge, modern technology into the hands of clinicians. The software we're developing is the culmination of input from scientists, clinicians, pathologists, engineers, data scientists, and some of the top academic oncology centers in the world. We're expanding the team of product managers who bring those inputs together to design, scope, and build solutions to some of the toughest problems in cancer care.
What You'll Do:
- Immerse yourself in the tough problems we're solving, and team with scientists, engineers, and designers to develop elegant software solutions to solve those problems
- Own the product roadmap for a subset of Tempus' products, and partner with Jr Product Managers and the Director of Product to find the best way to execute quarterly and sub-quarterly goals.
- Work with developers, scientists, and operations teams to deliver product releases that are stable in production and satisfies scalability, reliability, and performance goals
- Conduct deep product analysis and use the data to guide the short- and long-term roadmap for the team
- Owns stakeholder communication and expectation management around roadmap and delivery timelines for your products
- Test release candidates and participate in the Product Management approval process for deployments
- Lead operational change management for production changes and any related workflow impacts
- Serve as the direct line of communication with users of your products to maintain a constantly evolving backlog of future enhancements
- Help create the internal and external playbook for implementing and supporting integrations with the Tempus product and hospital/industry partner's clinical systems in a scalable and consistent manner
- Work closely with on-site and off-site integration and informatics managers to prioritize product roadmaps in accordance with requirements in the field to accelerate, improve and optimize integrations with new health systems
- 3+ years of technical experience building software in the tech or biotech industry
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- 2+ years of relevant experience with SQL or Python.
- A history of building and using product analytics to drive decisions using tools such as SQL, Tableau, Plotly, Excel.
- Experience with software development and project management tools (JIRA, Trello, etc.)
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on new concepts in the fields of genomics, oncology, and health informatics systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to act as translator among diverse teams of biologists, medical professionals, engineers, operators, and data scientists.