The Product Manager for IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) is responsible for understanding the business needs of athenahealth product/platform teams and building a continuous feedback loop with these stakeholders to deliver relevant products and services. You will define and drive initiatives that improve the effectiveness of our infrastructure/SDLC pipeline services, as measured by increased customer satisfaction and delivery efficiencies (financial/velocity). The Product Manager will act as product owner, working daily within scrum teams to define success criteria, write user stories/epics, prioritize product backlogs, and make trade-off decisions between scope and schedule. The Product Manager will be analytics-minded and data-driven to ensure that goals are measurable and aligned across teams with a focus on customer value. The Product Manager should be a strategic thinker, an effective analyst, a good communicator up and down the organization and must demonstrate a strong ability to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and execution partners. The infrastructure and pipeline services that you will be delivering will power the transformation of athenahealth products and enable the company to open up the network and create the healthcare platform that enables the next generation of healthcare services. You will develop and execute on the short to mid-term vision for the products that you are managing and will be playing a critical role in this journey.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
60% Interpreting strategy into visions and actionable plans for the product
- Creates multi-releaseproduct roadmaps (multi-release) and communicates internally, noting the stages and timelines for various work.
- Determines whether experiments, alpha and/or beta stages are needed to determine Product-Market fit and appropriately defines and utilizes them.
- Works with the Product Leadership to prioritize problems or themes to reach the outcomes.
- Defines the outcome for sprints and releases, and prioritizes the initiatives for the scrum teams.
- Works with the stakeholders to identify and understand the user problems and requirements.
- Analyzes the scope of the product area and makes decisions about the actions needed on how to proceed to realize the outcomes outlined in the product strategy
- Conduct analysis for new initiatives; gathers information, end user feedback and experiments to reduce uncertainty
- Identifies product gaps and defines requirements to fill these product gaps
40% Executing on products with a cross-functional team
- Works with the developers and designers to build a product that meets the expected outcomes and market needs
- Works with both Architects and Engineers to understand design or technology implications in solution ideas.
- Build, groom and prioritize the backlog
- Articulates crisp user requirements, user stories and documentation
- Communicates requirements and constraints and facilitates the team in a brainstorm to figure out how to best satisfy needs from the customer and the business.
- Works with the product leadership to recommend the best course of action to achieve intents.
- Verifies and provides feedback on requirements as delivered to ensure they are solving business problems
- Gains alignment from multiple stakeholders; recognize the need for alignment
- Understands product dependencies and negotiates the trade-offs with the appropriate product managers.
- Participates in scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospective
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired, Masters preferred; Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- 6+ years overall professional experience, inclusive of a minimum of 1-3 years of product management or relevant experience
- Working knowledge of cloud and CI/CD technologiesdesired
- Experience working with Agile (Scrum) teams desired
- Understanding of healthcare / health IT environment a plus
- Experience testing and validating value of products in the market
- Demonstrated success at driving vision and prioritization of products in a dynamic environment using analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Ability to explain your positioning to various people around the company in an effective way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior leaders and customers
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Ability to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ability to focus on the desired outcomes and value for both the business and the customers when making decisions regarding execution and delivery.
- Ability to work in conjunction with engineering and design estimate the level of effort, dependencies, blockers, and contingencies.
- Ability to understand the value of and can create strong problem statements and metrics that are actionable, focused, and inspiring to achieve correct business outcomes.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills, with energy and enthusiasm for solving unknowns