Scotiabank has begun the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the areas being explored is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud.
The aim is to reduce costs by providing a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development team to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
- Work closely with Senior Leaders and multiple key stakeholders to develop technical implementation methods that directly align with the business strategies (i.e. delivery of a Cloud online platform).
- Be able to clearly envision the end product which involves having a strong understanding of the business needs and being able to prioritize the workload accordingly amongst the team to deliver a superior product.
- Thorough understanding of industry trends, regulations, market threats and competition.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- At least 2 years of experience with Cloud Platform.
At least 2 years of experience with Data Analytics and/or Data Lakes
- Bachelor's degree (e.g. computer science, engineering).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience developing and launching customer products.
- Strong technical knowledge (i.e. ability to read/write code) with thorough knowledge of systems design, architecture and information security.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Ability to think and influence strategically.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Be a team player.
- Think outside the box and generate viable solutions.
- Exhibits the utmost discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Ability to drive change from traditional application technology to banking as a service platform.
- MBA or Masters in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering).
- 2-3 years of banking/financial industry experience.
Requisition ID: 21491