Our team is responsible for delivering transformative technology to our business operations team to improve the quality of work in those teams, the experience of our clinician and patient customers, and financial outcomes. The team uses modern human centered design, artificial intelligence, and scalable engineering methods to enable our teams to scale with the exponential growth of our business.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager with previous engineering experience, who will be responsible for defining and shepherding the development of modular and scalable backend code and sophisticated human-computer interfaces. They will work to support and coordinate a team with other product owners, user experience designers, end users, operations team leads, AI researchers, and engineering leads. Familiarity with subject matter in medical genetics is a plus, but ability to speak fluently with engineers and stakeholders is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Propose innovative solutions to enable unprecedented scale and automation in a well-defined user feature roadmap
- Work with engineering tech leads as well as AI/ML scientists and engineers to build a technical roadmap
- Coordinate with operations leads to ensure an operations team roadmap that anticipates and leverages the new user features
- Drive prioritization consensus across business teams and serve as an effective liaison between stakeholders and engineering
- Work closely with the engineering organization through design, development, testing, release, and maintenance of our services to ensure quality and successful delivery
- Comfortable specifying API contracts and collaborating in technical decisions with tech leads
- Leverage design thinking frameworks to discover and prioritize ambitious user needs that can be implemented in an incremental roadmap
- Formalize specifications as user stories in these roadmaps
- Coordinate closely with users to ensure quality innovations are delivered
- Balance business needs versus technical decisions and constraints
- Advocate for ground-breaking approaches over incrementalism
- Communicate and coordinate release of new features while promoting and monitoring adoption
What you bring:
- 5+ years of product development experience
- Previous experience with applications of AI/ML methods
- Previous experience with business process automation or decision support software
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate optimally and expertly with users, team members and leads.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
- Self starter with bias toward delivery and business outcomes
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills
- Experience with service oriented architecture models
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban development environments
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting, and analyzing sophisticated systems integrations
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed due to collaborators in multiple time zones.
- Preferred: Previous experience as a software engineer in industry
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Preferred: Proven track record of delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Preferred: Domain knowledge in medical genetics, other diagnostics, and/or medical billing