Agilysys is looking for an experienced technical product manager to join our team in Bellevue, WA to drive thedevelopment of our Cloud based Point of Sales (POS) product.
The ideal candidate has shipped commercial enterprise software to the delight of customers worldwide. You love driving an aggressive but realistic vision. You back your ideas with industry insight, customer need and company strategy. Leveraging your technical skills and product understanding, you love working closely with customers to develop comprehensive solutions. You are data driven, using multiple sources to help inform your opinions. You are a go-toperson for the state of the industry. You can recite competitors' strengths and weaknesses in your sleep. You agonize over the product experience, wanting to make it as easy to use as possible. You've worked in an agile environment and love to work collaboratively with the Product Development team. You keep abreast of relevant news, blogs and product announcements.
- Working closely with company leadership, apply company strategy, industry trends and customer need to shape ourproduct vision and strategies
- Working closely with Sales and Account Management, engage customers to understand their technical needs and develop solutions that address those needs
- Collaborate with Engineering in the definition and prioritization of the features for our products
- Participate in the creation of product roadmaps, collaborating with the rest of the organization in their development and ultimate acceptance
- Validate architectural and design decisions against customer and product roadmap needs
- Serve as the voice of the customer, representing their needs to the organization
- Drive hardware requirements and technical evaluations
- Collaborate with Support and Field teams to ensure readiness for product launch
- Represent the company in customer and industry meetings and events, both as participant and as a presenter
- Travel up to 25% of the time, mostly in the continental US, to visit customers and our other company locations
- As a key product stakeholder, be willing to do whatever is required to help out the team
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- At least 5 years as a product manager of commercial software product development
- Experience building products from vision to delivery
- Minimum 2 years' experience in implementing scalable cloud-based solutions (SaaS, PaaS, etc.)
- Familiar with open source technology to deliver rich, engaging, supportable solutions
- Technically adept and technology curious. Able to engage in technical conversations with company developers and customers' technical representatives.
- Have taken multiple software products to market, preferably localized for global delivery
- Ideally, have developed solutions for the hospitality space and/or point of sale software and solutions before
- Experience with mobile applications and platforms is strongly preferred
- Have worked in an agile environment, preferably SCRUM or Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced presenter, to both small and large audiences.