We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
As a Principal Consultant at Thoughtworks, you have total responsibility for technical delivery on a client engagement so you are likely to have a rich breadth of industry experience.
Here’s what you will bring:
- Expertise in multiple technologies (including Java, .Net, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Scala/Clojure, Golang, etc) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc.
- Experience as an architect and leading and inspiring software development teams
- Solid understanding of the following areas (with practical experience in several): One or more public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) along with value added services such as message queues, databases, etc.
- Cloud native architecture styles (domain-driven design, microservices)
- Infrastructure as Code (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
- Modern security practices (SAST, DAST, IAST, RASP)
- Modern API platform design (REST, gRPC, etc.)
- Modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into customer applications
- Understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment.
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries.
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role.
- Experience working with CIO/CTO/COO to create technical strategies.
- Any experience building and leading an offshore/outsourcing function would be highly beneficial.
As a Principal Consultant, here’s what you can do at Thoughtworks:
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Provide technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Formulate and articulate the technical and political implication of real-world solutions.
- Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks.
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team-wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction.
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
- Drive Thoughtworks’ Thought-Leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards.
- Be an inspiration for innovation to the client.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team.
- Exploit opportunities for networking and relationship building that arise out of delivery activities.
- Create and support sales activities.
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
- Code! We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style.