As Sales Consultant, you will become a de facto expert in Tableau Products, the use cases that best leverage them and the IT environments our platform integrate. The Sales Consultant's primary role is to communicate the features, capabilities, and benefits of Tableau as a modern analytics platform as a leader in Tableau expertise. A Sales Consultant consistently demonstrates outstanding presentation, speaking and writing skills and is able to create and deliver compelling product demonstrations by clearly articulating technical advantages into business benefits and solutions. The Sales Consultant is the Primary Sales Consultant (SC) on assigned accounts/opportunities and identifies technically challenging and complex opportunities that may require the support from multiple field SCs. The role has focus across all field segments with a specialized focus on deep technical proof points, including embedded analytics, IT integration and data preparation against complex data sources. As part of the sales team, the role actively contributes to account planning and customer adoption/success through alignment of customer goals with proven best practices. Additionally, the role requires continuous learning with multiple Tableau releases annually and researching new technologies as they emerge that are applicable to our customers and platform.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
- Work with prospect's data to deliver world-class product demonstrations
- Provide strategic pre-sales support for sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations and other general sales support
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableau's products
- Drive all aspects of successful Proof of Concepts from requirements and design to training and delivery
- Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with prospects assisting and guiding them through the evaluation and selection process
- Communicate daily with sales staff regarding sales activities and strategies
- Educate and train the sales force in the features and use of Tableau and ETL products
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Support all strategic deals involving complex data and/or data sources
- Provide ETL support and skills on strategic proof of concepts
- Backup the technical support staff as needed
Who you are…
- Experienced. 5+ years' Presales experience or equivalent, including 3+ years' experience using Tableau Software or business intelligence
- Highly Technical. Proficiency in technologies complimentary to Tableau software such as the following: Enterprise software architectures, cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google), .NET or JSP, Java, Linux, Windows, and network security/authentication + experience with network and web infrastructure.
- Domain. Experience with databases and data analysis tools & demonstrated quantitative ability, such as statistics or analytics. Experience with Enterprise ETL or Data Preparation tools a strong plus
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Communication. Excellent written and presentation communication skills
- A True Team Player. You're the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!