Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
The Technical PMO Managers primary focus includes ownership for identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating technical IT projects and programs, ensuring the successful completion of the initiatives and their goals and objectives. The Technical PMO Manager will be responsible for leading critical initiatives in a highly secured environment consisting of multiple AWS Cloud environments, on premise Data Center hosting services, networking services, application integration services, and multiple areas of security support. Experience communicating and presenting information to key executive level stakeholders through formal and informal communication will be required on a daily basis.
- Effectively manage program and project initiatives
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts of senior leadership toward the established technical project and program structure and processes, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs to execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results.
- Work with other technical leaders and staff to design and document technical solutions with tangible timelines and deliverables based on business requirements.
- Engage with and conduct reviews with senior executives, stakeholders and peers and assess the projects and programs, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Manage prioritization, resourcing and scheduling of requests working with other leaders. Assist with facilitation of the business and technology strategy.
- Proactively support and advice functional leaders on actions required to balance multiple initiatives.
- Work with project teams to manage/oversee the full range of the project life cycle methodology for projects with focus on the business needs.
- Deliver projects according to agreed-upon timeline, budget, and scope. Create actions for risk mitigation, and formulate complex project/program plans and schedules.
- Manage a team of technical program and project managers and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across project and program teams.
- Ability to mentor project management resources and encourage professional development of project management resources.
- Manage client and stakeholder relationships
- Conduct regular meetings with the senior executives to inform and alert them of any issues arising from the performance of the individual projects to reaffirm the schedule, deliverables and to highlight any variances.
- Lead reviews of any significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued.
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around projects or programs, their contents and the individual performance of initiatives to stakeholders, the steering committee, and senior executives.
- Ensure governance of the project lifecycle
- On behalf of the project management team review team and stakeholders, ensure the adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to established guidelines, policies and practices.
- Perform regular health checks of project QA checklists to meet SLAs and deliverables. Ensure scheduling of gates as per the methodology being used. Ensure acceptance criteria and operational readiness are met prior to gate approvals. Monitor for proper change management of scope, budget, and schedule. Identify and share best practices / update standards for lessons learned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience in technical or security field
- Experience in complex technical project management and solution implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Experience leading the design, deployment and support of high-availability, always-on systems
- Project management experience involving cross-functional projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Experience defining and managing IT Services with a strong technical background preferably an AWS Cloud based environment
- Must have worked in a customer service driven, government environment
- Experience in the deployment processes and critical success factors in the security industry
- Experience leading both traditional project methodology and Agile lead projects
- Experience utilizing MS Project, SharePoint, Excel and other Microsoft applications
- PMP Certification, Sigma Six, Scrum , or Agile certification
- Must have an active security clearance or must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance required by the agency
- Must be a US Citizen
- Previous experience with portfolio management and working in a formal PMO
- Experience interacting with cross-functional teams
- Experience scoping and managing large projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Ability to take initiative and execute results in an ever-evolving work environment
- Start-up attitude and ability to flex to help identify and solve problems quickly with a strong bias for action and meeting commitments
For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $99,569.60
Colorado Salary Maximum:$212,888.00