Our client is a leading manufacturer of RF and fiber optics equipment, providing top-quality wireless infrastructure for indoor and outdoor applications. They are developing the most advanced RF components on the market today, including emerging technology, autonomous vehicles, and military applications. They are hiring a Technical PM to manage R&D projects.
The Technical PM will coordinate and manage product development activities within a tightly knit engineering team. They will apply their market understanding and technical management skills to develop various RF components, fiber optics, transmission lines, and connectors.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, 4 weeks PTO, 401(K) match, and more.
- Large pool of funding and resources backed by a multibillion-dollar company.
- ISO 9001 certification for their Quality Management Systems worldwide.
- Global network of world-class manufacturing and research plants.
- High visibility, with direct access to directors and senior management.
- Engineer-centric environment; heavy emphasis on product quality and realistic timelines.
- High level of responsibility for team, technical projects, and overall program.
- New products that are unique to the industry. High level of design freedom.
- Stable company with strong history of building top-grade components and equipment.
- High degree of influence over processes, functional specifications, and product features.
- Supervise project team in charge of developing products and applications. Lead the team in completing projects to high quality standards within the project schedule.
- Manage project timelines, budgeting, scope, coordination, materials, and product features.
- Manage bid documents, invoicing, subcontracting, and purchasing for projects. Submit regular reports on progress, financial status, and inventory control.
- Participate in design reviews with engineering team, providing input for projects to ensure top quality.
- Assist with developing field test programs and validating system performance. Validate operation of features and provide guidance as needed to test engineers.
- Meet with vendors and suppliers. Assist with vendor qualification and selection process.
- Make presentations and updates to customers; deliver feedback to team.
- 5+ years of experience managing technical projects from end to end, including design reviews, scheduling, budgeting, and hand-off to manufacturing.
- Well-rounded project management skillset. PMP is a plus.
- Advanced technical experience with engineering and product development for RF components and electronics.
- Strong technical understanding in the following areas:
- RF equipment and RF testing
- Fiber optics
- Receiver, transmitter, and sensor technology
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related technical field.
- Proficiency with SAP.
- Familiarity with RF equipment, testing, and data collection methods.
- Strong technical team leadership, documentation, and customer interfacing skills.
- Good technical documentation skills.