Technical Partner Manager
The Technical Partner Manager (TPM) will be an integral part of the NetApp Cloud Data Services Business Unit as the primary technical resource for assigned partners. In this role the TPM is responsible for driving growth for NetApp Cloud First partners through solution evangelization, education, tools, selling strategies, and hands on facilitation of partner opportunities. Additionally the TPM acts as the technical liaison between the partner and the rest of the NetApp Cloud Data Services business unit.
Key Performance Objectives
The TPM is responsible for driving excitement and interest in NetApp Cloud Data Services. This person will work independently and with NetApp Cloud Data Services Product Management and engineering to understand and deliver our BU technical vision and strategy to Cloud First Partner community.
2) Partner Technical Competency
The TPM is responsible for all technical enablement of assigned partners. This includes undertanding current technical capabilities ad developing strategies to ensure pre and post sale technical competency of NetApp Cloud Data Services as well as tools needed to support partner's business plan and growth objectives.
3) Technical Sales Support
In close coordination with other resources within NetApp, monitor key technical sales support activities to ensure that partner needs are being addressed in a proper and timely manner. Ensure that appropriate processes and resources are utilized. As appropriate, personally drive certain actitivities for assigned Cloud First partners.
4) Relationship building
Foster good working relationships with key stakeholders in the business. This would include NetApp colleagues, as well as key people outside NetApp like technical leaders within Cloud First partners.
5) Technical Account plan
In collaboration with the NetApp Cloud Data Services hyperscaler BD team, construct a business plan with technical sales, support and enablement strategy that will address both the partner needs and NetApp strategy. The plan will be used for both internal and external communication activities and will be refreshed through the year. As the partner technical lead, you will assist in driving the technical team towards timely completion of the plan initiatives.
This role is primarily focused on helping new and existing Cloud First partners to sell NetApp Cloud Data Services. It is part of the Cloud Data Services business unit and there are no hardware sales involved.
The candidate will need to possess:
- High level understanding of products and ecosystems of major hyberscalers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Deep knowledge of enterprise file systems software (ONTAP is a must)
- Ability to demonstrate NetApp Cloud Software suite to show technical benefits, discuss use cases, provide technical competitive analysis
- Deep knowledge of competitive landscape in the primary cloud provider world as well as storage software and back up solutions
- Identify and influence the improvement of key channel business processes
- Assist with the evolution and ongoing improvement of the Cloud First Partner program
- Drive consistency, teaming, and integration of all TPM activities when applicable
- Participate in local, regional, and global Cloud First Partner program events and training
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate leadership and provide mentoring for other technical team members
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
Ability to develop compelling business propositions and deliver them in both written and oral formats
NetApp technical skills preferred (especially ONTAP)
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology and skills
Demonstrated ability to translate technical features and function into compelling business value
Successful experience in building long term personal relationships with senior level executives
Travel between 30-50%
Requisition ID: 23747