USmax Corporation is seeking a Technical Operations Manager to strategically Coordinate, plan and schedule adequate professional services employees for specific technical security projects, in a worldwide environment. The program supported is the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), Office of Security Technology (ST), Facility Security Engineering Division (FSE), Project Management Engineering Branch (PME) technical security installation services for the 285 diplomatic and consular posts around the world and related services.
- Coordinate, plan and schedule adequate professional services employees to specific Project Management and Engineering (PME) projects; work with Project Management and Engineering (PME) projects; work with Project Management team to identify and assign available resources based on needed expertise.team to identify and assign available resources based on needed expertise
- Proactively consult with Project Managers or Design Engineers to comprehend project scope of work and required disciplines to perform tasks; advanced communication skills required
- Develops organizational operational documents and procedures including field installation manuals, deployment plans, training plans, SOPs
- Strategically coordinate, plan, schedule and replenish team tools and equipment to meet the installation team needs on specific Project Management and Engineering (PME) projects
- Prepare, maintain and submit performance reports and time recording/expense reports in accordance with published procedures
- Provide input to the development of resource staffing needs; collaborate with management and subject matter experts to identify skill trends in the future to prepare for hiring needs
- Use sound judgment, application of general business principles and demonstrate initiative in carrying out assigned duties; require minimum supervision
- Become familiar with Program Management Office (PMO) standards and guidelines and PME project management life cycle
- Track all current and incoming resource requirements and work with management to prioritize fulfillment; work closely with Project Manager to publicize resource availability
- Maintain a current information source of resource skill sets, availability, schedules and delivery restrictions to assist in rapid identification and fulfillment of delivery resources
- Collaborate in the development of processes and systems to track, identify, task and plan resources for project work
- Possess strong project management skills; may independently identify the type of technical and business resources needed, assembling teams that are qualified to perform the work and financially aligned with project budget and schedule plans
- Partner with TDB Branch to stays abreast of current industry trends, new technology and solutions
- Perform other duties as required
TypeFull-Time Employee LocationFairfax, VA ExperienceRequirements
- 3+ years in a Federal program managing the enterprise schedule for a system integration program or product delivery program
- Knowledge of, and experience with PMBOK methodologies, including Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling and Closing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Secret security clearance required
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Routine lifting of objects 50-80 pounds such as drills, cable pullers, and other equipment related to the electrical trade
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders; scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment.
Position requires travel throughout the world to service overseas embassies and consulates, often in remote locations. Some work will be performed in a corporate office setting. The typical international assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment (PPE).
- EducationBachelor's degree (experience may be considered in lieu of education)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- National Electric Code (NEC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)