Guild is hiring for a Technical Marketing Operations Manager to help Guild Education scale our marketing technology and communications to serve more students. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of a fast-paced startup while making a direct impact on students' lives by helping them achieve their educational goals.
In particular, we're looking for someone who isn't afraid to seek out answers to complicated questions. You'll be responsible for researching and implementing technical marketing solutions — from helping our Marketing Ops team solve email template challenges to integrating new software. Whenever a new technical challenge comes our way, you'll be eager to jump in and find solutions.
As a Technical Marketing Operations Manager, you will:
- Operationalize sophisticated campaigns in our systems (Marketo, Sendgrid, and Twilio) by using your knowledge of marketing automation.
- Learn new languages like Velocity Scripting or SQL to help us target segments and customize emails.
- Conduct full-funnel analyses to identify inefficient aspects of the funnel, plan opportunities, and implement experiments that drive student growth. You'll use data analytics and statistics to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
- Partner cross-functionally with our Data & Decision Sciences and Product teams to generate data-driven hypotheses and execute experiments across the marketing funnel.
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you'd support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in technical marketing operations
- Technical and analytical background that will help us move our marketing forward with a process- and data-oriented approach. Experience with marketing automation, CRM, analytics (eg. Google Analytics), testing methodologies.
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Marketo + Velocity Scripting knowledge is a bonus
- SQL, HTML, CSS knowledge is a bonus
- GDPR experience is a bonus
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment