Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the Technical Marketing Manager will be a technical subject matter expert on the Cogito solution.
The TMM will be involved in all aspects of ensuring that the Cogito sales team and our partners have the right demos and technical content to support the sales process as well as provide in-depth understanding of what the product does and how it does it.
As part of Product Marketing, the TMM will work with Product Management to constantly assess the product-problem fit, ensuring that what was built, shipped, and sold exceeds our customer's expectations. The TMM will also be heavily involved in the generation of competitive insights and training for both direct and channel salesforces.
This role requires a combination of technical/software knowledge to obtain a deep understanding of our products and the training and hands-onexperienceto effectively communicate technical product capabilities and customer benefits and develop scalable sales tools to optimize selling to our buyers.
- Understanding the technical details of the product, including how our product works, is configured, and is deployed, and subsequently communicating the technical value for the end user
- Creating and managing various industry-focused demos and demo environments and working closely with sales to help present the capabilities of these solutions to meet customers’ needs
- Working with our internal technical teams to help develop and articulate technical use cases that address customer needs while maintaining consistency of our overall product messaging and positioning
- Conducting in-depth technical competitive research and analysis to create accessible competitive content for the field
- Representing the voice of the customer and providing customer and market insights to Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, and Marketing teams
- Developing technical content to drive product awareness and influence purchase
- Creating scalable sales tools that articulate Cogito’s value proposition, including case studies, presentation decks, videos, and other customer/prospect-facing collateral
- Applying product expertise to be an effective resource for sales in closing deals and growing accounts
- Working with our channel partners to develop compelling technical sales content, demos, sales training, and enablement activities
- 3+ years in a product marketing, technical sales enablement, or technical marketing role with a SaaS company
- BA/BS Degree
- Scripting, database and/or telephony experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of customer service, call center and/or CRM tools preferred
- Previous work enabling partners and direct sales teams preferred
- Experience configuring demo environments and software
- Some travel is required
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects with multiple stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of market and buyer dynamics
- Competitive technical research expertise requiredStrong verbal, written, and presentation skills to communicate complex technical capabilities in a compelling, accessible manner
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and comfortably interact with executive-level management
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Oriented towards having an impact and producing results
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with collaborative working style
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative without needing a high level of supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and adapt your style to rapid organizational and platform change