We are seeking an experienced Technical Marketing Engineer to join our rapidly growing team, focused on defining and developing SASE products and services. The Technical Marketing Engineer will be a part of the Product Management organization and will be responsible for influencing product direction and creating supporting assets to evangelize the offering and drive customer understanding of the product and services.
This position relies on a person’s deep understanding of SASE architectures and insight into its networking (SD-WAN) and security (SWG, CASB) components. The Technical Marketing Engineer is passionate about helping customer, partners, and service providers, get the most value from the VMware SASE offering and expand market adoption. We are looking for individuals with the skills and drive to have maximum impact on customer success and momentum. The role is available out of the VMware headquarter in Palo Alto, California
- Work cross-functionally to create collateral that drives product understanding and reflects industry best practices in the form of white papers, application notes and solution briefs
- Document detailed descriptions of use cases, IT administrator workflows and deployment scenarios.
- Work cross-functionally to design, implement virtual labs and exercises that reinforces best practices
- Ongoing improvement of training materials to reflect changes and improvements in the product.
- Design and develop hands-on workshops including managing logistics, creating of presentations, lesson plans, activities, and labs collaboratively and independently
- Build and maintain scalable physical labs to assist field teams with customer Proof-of-Concept (PoC) efforts
- Participate in joint lab and solution development with technology partners
- Build relationships across the business and use SME expertise across teams and organizations
- Actively and continuously learn and stay informed about the latest messaging, product capabilities, new systems, and processes
- Develop and deliver technical product training to field teams, channel partners and end customers
- Create and deliver product demonstrations for customers and partners
- Assist with customer RFIs and RFPs in your area of expertise
- Assist with assessing competitive positioning and quantify capabilities
- Assist in driving product requirements based on detailed understanding of customer requirements as well as competitive alternatives.
- Drive value and interoperability demonstrations with critical application and networking solution partners
- Develop technical implementation and best practice guidance for technology partnerships and integrations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- 5+ years of experience with the role in a relevant field of expertise
- Preferably multilingual
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Ability to articulate use cases and applications of technology in a variety of industries.
- Ability to deconstruct complex technologies for audiences of varying technical background
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate technical material to customer business use cases.
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal oversight. This includes the drive to learn technical material that continuously updates with aggressive timelines.
- Ability to internationally travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results
- Strong problem-solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanor, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Able to function efficiently and effectively in a fast-moving and demanding environment
- Proficient with SD-WAN technologies, branch networking, dynamic routing protocols and VPN solutions.
- Proficient with VPN technologies, including IPsec and SSL VPN
- Proficient with Next Generation Firewall technologies and products
- Proficient with the enterprise threat landscape and mitigation techniques
- Proficient with Secure Web Gateway (SWG) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) features and implementations
- Familiarity with public infrastructure clouds (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Familiarity with the VMware SDDC product portfolio
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi, KVM)
- Experience with online presentation delivery tools such as GoToWebinar, Zoom Webinar, etc …
- Experience with video creation and management tools such as Camtasia, Storyline, LMS, etc …
- Deep understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts, best practices, and implementations
- Familiarity with scripting including Python and Bash.