Arista Networks is seeking a candidate to perform technical marketing responsibilities for the EOS software platform and associated Arista Networks switching product line. This is a key opportunity for someone with industry and technology expertise in the networking/routing sector. If you are passionate about working on next generation data center networking solutions and being a part of the fastest growing network company in the industry, then come join Arista!
- Create and evangelize field facing technical marketing collateral across EOS technologies, including white papers, slide decks, websites, demos, videos, etc.
- Hands-on projects to build labs as well as test and demonstrate key technologies
- Collaborate on product definition through customer requirement gathering and roadmap planning
- Engage with sales teams and customers to ensure success with major opportunities and deployments
- Introduce new products to the Arista sales force and to Arista customers through clear and accurate supporting product collateral
- Execute ongoing aspects of the product lifecycle, including interaction with a cross-functional set of teams
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services
- Regular analysis of the competitive landscape and competitive positioning relative to Arista’s differentiation
- Represent Arista at external events, including conferences, tradeshows, partner engagements, etc.
- BSCS/CE or equivalent technical degree required
- 7-10 years of experience in the networking industry
- Strong preference for at least 2-3 years as technical marketing engineer or technical product manager. Prior experience could also include software engineering, systems engineering, or similar roles
- Industry / technology expertise is required in the following areas: routing, switching, VxLAN/MPLS/network virtualization, network management and operations, data center trends and technologies, network orchestration and automation systems, network platform offerings and solutions from industry vendors
- Expert technical knowledge is required in several of the following areas: Ethernet, VLANs, IP routing, TCP/IP, Multicast, Protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, PIM, IGMP; etc.), QoS, APIs (JSON, etc.), scripting (Python, etc.), orchestration platforms (Openstack, etc.), and overlay platforms (VMWare NSX, etc.)
- Expert knowledge on or more of the following verticals: Data Center, Cloud, Campus, Media & Entertainment, and Service Provider
- Network design level expertise in the following use-cases: private and public cloud data centers, service provider data center, Internet routing, IP storage, financial networks, high-performance computing (HPC), enterprise networks
- Ability to write extensive technical content (white papers, technical briefs, test reports, etc.) for external audiences with a balance of technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging
- Ability to build extensive technical slide decks in PowerPoint, with technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging
- Ability to comfortably present in front of internal and external audiences (large and small)
- In some cases, exposure to product financials including licensing and modelling can be valuable