About the Role
The Technical Marketing Engineer, WAF Product, will be the technical subject matter expert for our WAF product and will play a key role in defining the technical direction of the product by working closely with our customers, Sales engineers, product managers, development engineers, architects and support engineers. This person will work closely with the associated product manager and own the technical direction of the WAF product through all typical stages of a PDLC.
Previous Technical Marketing experience is a must for this role. Demonstrated technical writing experience. Previous experience creating and doing product demonstrations. Previous experience as a technologist, preferably in the IaaS field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the technical requirements by working closely with product managers, development. engineers, architects, support engineers, sales engineers and customers.
- Develop and deliver technical collaterals (e.g. TDM slides, Value proposition, Data Sheets, At a Glance, Scale and performance etc.).
- Review engineering functional specification, test plans and product documentation.
- Demonstrate the key value proposition of the product and how it addresses customer needs.
- Lead and drive customer proof of concepts and trials.
- Train sales engineers about the technical capabilities and value proposition of the WAF product.
- Be the technology SME for the product, in all client and analyst engagements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience as a Technical Marketing Engineer or similar role within mid-sized or enterprise companies.
- Previous experience creating and doing product demonstrations and leading customer proof of concepts and trials.
- Previous experience as a technologist, preferably in the security field.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to identify and solve problems with little or no guidance.
- Technical background, previously in engineering, support, or sales engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead without any direct reports or management, effectively executing in a cross functional role.
- High degree of comfort presenting to executives, C-suite and highly technical audiences.
- Previous Technical Marketing experience (preferred).
- Previous experience with WAF or security products in a similar role(preferred).