As a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME), you will represent the Product Management organization on technical marketing aspects of Pavilion’s product throughout the product life cycle. The TME will develop, author, publish and deliver technical product information, technical white papers, and best practices guides that enhance the technical pre-sales teams' selling abilities.
This individual may also be involved in characterizing performance requirements across a wide range of workloads spanning from industry standard benchmarks to specific applications. You will also work with established and potential business development partners, interoperability testing, and product evangelism.
The Technical Marketing Engineer will work closely with product management and engineering providing detailed requirements and recommendations to help set the strategic direction for the product line. Additionally, you will be providing feedback and guidance to the software and hardware engineering teams regarding customer requirements, use cases, and important features and capabilities in the products that Pavilion develops.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Plan and develop technical collateral to highlight best practices resulting from functional and performance testing. This includes developing architecture white papers, solution design guides, integration guides, and reference architectures. This analysis will also include determining the ideal method for simulating and testing the product/solution in a "real environment". Significant experience in server, network and storage areas and testing is desirable.
- Be a source for reliable technical information and advice on products to the Pavilion product management and hardware and software engineering teams. Must be able to define in detail use cases on current or new product capabilities.
- Provide technical support to Marketing in developing and implementing marketing programs (e.g. collateral, events, shows, etc.) and participate in trade shows by providing technical demonstrations and expertise as related to product performance.
- Create and deliver highly technical presentations to customers and sales and technical partners.
- Assist with development of Training Material and Best Practice Guides
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a customer facing pre and post sales Engineering roles such Field Engineer, Systems Engineer, Escalation Engineer, Sr. Support Engineer
- Knowledge of storage technologies (NAS, SAN) and deployment models
- Strong Networking knowledge and experience. CCNA Certification a plus
- Experience working with customers and technology partners
- Experience implementing Enterprise Hardware or Software, Cloud Platforms, IaaS, PaaS, or Virtual Infrastructure software
- Comfortable presenting technical material to the customers in-person and on the phone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Ability to travel with the needs of the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience