$100K — $150K *
Technical Marketing Engineer
Imperva is a cybersecurity leader that delivers best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments. We are looking for an exceptional story teller, able to craft a compelling message to our customers. This role covers the full Imperva ecosystem of products.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, small businesses, and service providers.
● Excel in the duties of Technical Marketing in support of evangelizing Imperva security products and solutions to support the technical sales aspects of the buyer's journey,
● Coordinate the team’s efforts concerning design guides, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for Imperva security solutions.
● Build and maintain a demonstration environment for Imperva security solutions to support sales and marketing efforts as required. Some travel required to support field and marketing activity.
● Recommend improvements to the trial process to improve conversions for all products. (working with Product Management)
● Support product launch activities and assist with tradeshows, conferences and technical sales training or channel partner training activities.
● Learn and understand technical strategy of projects with product management/product marketing as well as participating in cross functional teams to develop product and solution roadmaps.
● Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with technical RFPs and work with a cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, Engineers as required.
● Perform market and competitive analysis.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● BA/BS (business, marketing, or engineering preferred).
● Must have prior experience (5+ Years) as a TME or Sales Engineer in the security or networking industry.
● Able to effectively present technical material to small and large groups.
● Possess a solid understanding of web applications, security, and networking.
● Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL, Web Applications, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls.
● Compliance standards knowledge – an advantage.
● Proven background in writing scripts (Perl/shell/Python) and/or SQL queries.
● Experience with network or web application firewalls (WAF) and/or IDS/IPS - an advantage.
● Database proxy or database firewall experience is desirable.
● Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency. Must be resourceful, proactive and aggressive.
● Highly organized, detail-oriented and possessing a high level of integrity.
● Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments.
● Strong written and oral communication skills required.
● Web and multimedia production skills preferred.
Valid through: 12/1/2020
$90K — $120K + $25K bonus