The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) position plays a vital role within the greater product management team, driving technical strategy and customer adoption of Cradlepoint (CP) solutions. Aiding our field of sales and channel professionals along with partner organizations is critical, with the objective of helping teams build and scale their knowledge of Cradlepoint services, products and technologies.
This role is highly visible not just within the company, but also our partners and customers. This position is located in Boise, ID. or Los Gatos, CA.
- Reference Architectures – Designing the networking topology, confirmation and best practices to support common customer use cases
- Field Training – Assist in content creation and curriculum for training of internal and partner field personnel
- Validated Designs – Build content that helps our go-to-market teams correctly position solutions
- Aid CP Support - Troubleshooting escalated customer support cases
- Validation Testing – Provide hands on testing of new products, services and solutions in both the prototype stage as well as final validation on market readiness
- Product Beta Programs – Manage customer beta programs to define test criteria, customer qualification and early customer engagements
- Competitive Analysis – Conduct competitive analysis in the categories of functionality, performance and usability
- Development of Compelling Technology and Product Demonstrations – Determine how best to showcase CP technology in various demo environments
- Develop Trial Process Success Criteria – Help determine as well as document the success criteria for repeatable customer proof of concepts
- Performance Testing Definition – Determine the criteria that CP solution test teams require to develop test cases and develop the field; and create customer facing content to communicate these results
- Technical Decision Maker (TDM) Presentations – Develop technical presentations used by CP and partners to educate customers
- Customer Engagements – Engage with various departments on strategic customer accounts actively in the sales process
- Tradeshows and Market Events – Attend tradeshows representing the Product Management team
- 3-5 years of technical experience in enterprise networking sector, including customer facing responsibilities ideally quota bearing
- Experience with cellular wireless technologies (4G, LTE, 5G NR, etc.) desirable but can be optional
- Technical marketing engineering experience in the tech industry desirable but can be optional
- University degree preferred but not mandated. Experience in building customer networks can counter any formal education
- Must be able to demonstrate confidence in networking architecture, engineering, operations and security discussions
- Proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges and be able to communicate strategies for effective solutions
- Excellent communications skills and comfort/experience with public speaking
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into understandable language to any level of audience.
- In-depth understanding of networking, cellular, wireless, security
- Self-starter, strong team player that focuses on cross-functional collaboration across the company to be effective as a TME
- Confidence to present new and creative ideas to the team
- Ability to assimilate new technologies quickly and then formulate messaging, documentation and training
- Experienced in a technical marketing role with past experience to lean on and move fast.