Technical Marketing Engineer
- Technical Marketing Engineers are an essential part of a company’s marketing team because they apply technical knowledge to sales and marketing campaigns. They help internal sales teams and external clients understand the technical aspects of a product. This is a full-time position that requires both technical acumen and excellent communication skills.
The Technical Marketing Engineer
- Specifically supports Product Marketing Managers
- Collaborates on product positioning and messaging that differentiates the products in the market, including finding adjacent markets and customers
- Own content creation strategy in collaboration with Applications & Systems teams
- Prepares, maintains and updates sales tools for use in product presentations and technical seminars.
- Provides cost of ownership modeling for sales and marketing functions, and delivers detailed performance and cost modeling (including competitive products) to customers, sales, and marketing .
- Supplies the technical input required to respond to customer RFI/RFQ (specification and quotes) requests, track assigned equipment configurations, drive engineering specials, and support sales activities.
- Interfaces with engineering organization and attend product team meetings.
- Should also be comfortable in presenting this material to audiences at all levels of the company in a concise and digestible format.
- Participates in the development of specifications and marketing collateral for new and existing product features.
- May be asked to attend and/or lead demo team prioritization meetings and cover less critical product presentations when scheduling limits the availability of product managers.
- Proven technical aptitude with a technical degree (BS) or equivalent experience in the fields of engineering, physics, or semiconductors preferred.
- General knowledge of the semiconductor industry, superior verbal and written communication skills, and effective Microsoft Office skills required, particularly MS Excel.
- Technical knowledge in the area of ion implant is a plus.
- >5 years experience in semiconductor, >2 in a marketing function would be ideal