$100K — $200K *
Join the Hillman Team
For over five decades, we’ve been a leading business partner for home improvement retailers. We engineer and deliver 112,000 products to equip pros and project-tacklers nationwide. Our reputation is rooted in legacy—and driven by a spirit that comes from within.
Is the Hillman spirit in you? It’s one that understands good ideas come from anywhere. One that finds opportunity where others see none. It’s the builder mindset—and all Hillman team members embody it.Every person across every function is empowered to influence the company—bringing forth new ideas and finding better ways to do old things. We’re looking to add more that kind of energy to our team.
Ask us what it’s like to work here.
Our culture promotes inclusion, diversity of thought, and innovation. And we put a major emphasis on growth, opening growth paths cross-functionally and vertically. The environment we maintain is collaborative and entrepreneurial. Here, our collective progress is everyone’s to own. Learning and skill development opportunities? They’re yours for the taking. We offer formal training programs that promote continued learning too. Growth doesn’t know many limits on this team.
Our office has a classic Boulder/Tempe vibe, with casual attire, fun team outings, independent work, flex hours, unlimited vacation, and remote WFH opportunities. Our team can be regularly seen going for bike rides, tackling Colorado 14ers, or at the crag climbing on any given week throughout the year.
The Hillman Group is the industry leader in building solutions with a current market capitalization of
$2.2 Billion. Our .NET Technical Manager position exists within the Robotic Digital Solutions (RDS)
business unit of Hillman - with offices in Boulder, CO and Tempe, AZ. The RDS business unit focused
exclusively on self-service and automated consumer solutions that include home, office, and auto key
duplicating kiosks, pet tag engraving kiosks, knife sharpening machines, and RFID fob duplicating
devices. RDS currently has 20,000 kiosks across North America and has partnerships with 26,000
retailers. Our business combines robotics, electronics, hardware, and software engineering to create
the high-quality products with the lowest onsite maintenance in the industry. Our company has the
unique position of being able to go take an idea from A-Z, meaning we design, manufacture, own,
operate, and service our products in the field. We take great pride in our products, and our customers
have made us one of Hillman’s fasting growing business entities.
RDS is experiencing significant growth and we’re looking for an experienced Technical Manager to lead our world-class .NET development team. In this role the technical manager will be leading a team of 7-10 software developers and will be responsible for RDS’s critical enterprise applications. This person should have experience leading software development teams with a proven track record of success.
This key role reports to the Sr Vice President of IT, and involves:
• Day-to-day people and project management in an agile environment.
• A strong technical understanding of software development practices - being able to offer
guidance and assistance with technical problems and/or architectural discussions.
• The ability to drive development team performance to meet deadlines and customer
• .NET programming experience as a prior hands-on developer/architect.
• Reporting on and managing agile team performance metrics such as: velocity, burn down rates,
lead times, throughput, defects, work item aging, etc.
• Excellent people management skills with an understanding of how to drive both individual and
team performance, and mentor and develop both junior and senior engineers.
The Hillman Group is investing heavily in the growth of the RDS business segment to drive innovation
and delivery of self-service products, and this position is critical to the growth and delivery of these
products and services.
• 8+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams in an agile environment.
• 5+ years directly managing software engineers – participating in employee development,
performance management and regular performance/merit reviews.
• Extensive experience managing and reporting on Agile development metrics.
• Experience building highly reliable and scalable web services and systems.
• Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements,
and effectively prioritize program deliverables essential to team success.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management personnel.
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to build partnerships
with senior leaders across a variety of functional teams throughout the company.
Compensation: $120,00 - $160,000 annually with a full comprehensive benefits package
Valid through: 12/7/2021
$100K — $150K *
4 days ago