TECHNICAL MANAGER, SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEERINGIT - Service Engineering•IrvineApply Now
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Manager, Site Reliability Engineering to join a quickly maturing devops engineering culture where everyone is deeply focused on service maturity, live site reliability and modern engineering principles.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep passion for understanding how complex systems work and how to simplify them. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys creating systems to solve operational challenges. They will be comfortable withinvestigation into how the software performs, network traffic flows, and service daemons interact with one another.
- Manage, mentor, motivate, and level up members of the SRE team.
- Work directly with development and engineering teams to ensure end-to-end availability and performance of Blizzard’s services.
- Ensure that services are operational and meeting the needs of Blizzard players.
- Balance the need to “keep the lights on” with allocating time to proactive and preventative efforts.
- Ensure that all services provide accurate and effective telemetry.
- Nurture the marriage of code, infrastructure, OS, and network to help Blizzard services scale.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Exceptional ability to lead, inspire, and develop people
- Unrelenting champion of service availability and reliability, downtime is not in your vocabulary
- Obsessed with continual service improvement and automation
- Able to effectively discuss, translate, and describe highly complex topics with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle; including CI and CD pipeline architecture
- Familiar with configuration management tooling such as; Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with service discovery tools such as; Zookeeper, Consul, or Etcd
- Can read and write in one or more programming languages; Python, C/C++, Go, Java, Scala
- Passionate gamer and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Comfortable working in a fast pace high demand work environment
- Highly intuitive and able to make quick educated conclusions based on numerous information sources
- Healthy understanding of game industry landscape and evolving business models
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack, AWS, and Google
- Highly technical background with an BS in Computer Science is preferred