The Technical Manager is responsible for the leadership of an in-home technical workgroup to achieve business results and goals.
• Reviews customer metric data and develops plan to improve satisfaction levels • Utilizes workforce planning process to develop staffing requirements that allow for profitable growth and customer satisfaction (Sales, Technical, Clerical, Supervisory) • Monitors key performance to state of service, cost per call and productivity • Recognizes and acts upon every opportunity to drive revenue through the embedment of the Value Added Services Program (VASP (ancillary sales)) throughout the district • Partners with routing manager to adjust, improve, and compare actual hours to planner hours; conduct variance analysis by workgroups/call loads • Partners with the Region Routing Office to adjust and improve the routing process, as well as to ensure technician data (schedules, seed points, profiles) is accurate • Fosters positive employee relations through ready meetings, frequent tech rides, focus groups, phone calls, Sears Smart Toolbox (SST) messages, handling associate complaints and employee recognition and award meetings • Analyzes and reports daily, monthly and annual business performance trends (revenue, cost management, profitability, customer satisfaction, etc.), and develops and/or recommends strategic solutions to improve business performance and meet Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) goals • Implements, directs, adheres and ensures compliance to all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies, company values and code of conduct • Manages activities for the recruitment, and hiring, and performance management and career pathing of direct reports • Partners with Loss Prevention to reduce shrinkage • Maintains detailed records of all associate training and evaluations • Communicates with staff and associates through frequent meetings, and ensure all managers both technical and branch hold regular staff meetings with their associates • Trains associates to develop their product knowledge/technical skills, customer service skills and business literacy • Follows and ensures compliance of the Safety/Environmental Manual and program via Quality Management Safety Matrix • Acts with urgency to meet and resolve customers' needs and problems and develop associates' commitment to act with urgency • Maintains a high level of “in stock” parts inventory for both branch units and trucks, to adequately serve the customers needs • Performs supervisory responsibilities, including, but not limited to: making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting, and terminating; conducting performance appraisals; and coaching and developing associates
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Level Degree Years of Related Experience: 3-4 Years License/Certificate Required: Yes Driver's License Required:No Travel Requirements: None Age Requirement: 18+ INTERNAL JOB DESCRIPTION
• In states where HVAC and/or refrigeration technicians must take and pass a State Licensing Test, the Technical Managers supervising these technicians must also take and pass the State Licensing Test
• 2 years management experience and/or assignments that demonstrate leadership ability preferably in a virtual environment
• Ability to make fact-based decisions, but exercise creativity, and take responsible risks.
• Effective problem solving and resolution skills when working with customers and coaching associates
• Ability to manage a virtual workforce and effectively communicate via non-traditional means
• Effective decision making skills
• Ability to multitask and effectively manage time
• Ability to adapt and be an advocate for change
• Ability to effectively use payroll planner software (Access) to ensure appropriate staffing to customer transaction patterns
• Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to read, analyze and utilize reports
• Ability to use computer systems to input, access, modify or output information or to execute programs or analyses
• Excellent communication skills with virtual workforce
• Knowledge of the business, with the ability to communicate the goals of Home Services to associates
• Ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to bend, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, reach outward, handle and finger objects, stand, walk, sit and extend trunk
• Ability to type using a keyboard
• Ability to drive a vehicle with an automatic transmission.
Req/Job ID: 900411BR