Industry: Manufacturing / Diversified•
Less than 5 years
Posted 297 days ago
1. Manage the manufacturing modernization efforts through extensive knowledge of plant operations, manufacturing economics, process dynamics and alternative technologies.
2. Participates in identifying potential projects that support business plans.
3. Defines and manages project objectives and project scopes.
4. Develops project plans and ensures completion on time and in budget.
5. Assists in the preparation of economic analyses and justification of projects.
6. Directs and coordinates the implementation of approved plans.
7. Provides personal technical input to projects.
8. Assures necessary documentation of production capabilities.
9. Manages and directs engineering resources to achieve goals related to personnel safety, department operating budgets, plant capital spending, and project objectives.
10. Assures the professional development of subordinates.
11. Monitors operations and identifies areas of opportunity.
12. Coordinates and manages planning and administrative activities related to production and engineering issues. Key objective is to resolve production, quality or process problems quickly and effectively while maintaining control over spending costs and project commitments.
This position requires a thorough and in-depth knowledge of the discipline that would normally be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in a core engineering discipline. The position requires 3-8 years of progressive experience with demonstrated competency in process engineering, project management, continuous improvement, leadership and people change management.
Alternatively, an advanced degree and considerable experience is desirable. Qualifications would include extensive (10+ years) of industrial manufacturing experience. A cross-functional background in manufacturing operations, continuous improvement, management, engineering, technical support would also be an asset. He/she must have proven managerial skills, excellent people skills and skills in communication and persuasion. Demonstrated ability to lead is a must. A working knowledge of SAP is preferred. The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of personal computers is a must. The incumbent must be able to communicate well at all levels within the organization. This includes R&D, Product Managers, factory supervision, employees and office personnel. This position requires a very flexible, well organized, self-motivated individual.