The Technical Manager works in JDA's Global Technical Services team in Support of our Supply Chain Planning and Execution product delivery. In this role, you will serve as a lead technical resource leading a team that implements software solutions to meet our customer requirements. The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and innovation and will have extensive experience with enterprise supply chain software implementation. You will strive to provide excellent customer service, deliver the highest quality software, and champion the best practices necessary for world-class applications. This position requires up to 50% travel.
- Provide first level management and guidance on employee issues, customer issues, training and development fulfillment, etc.
- Ensure the complete communication and distribution of company information, application of Associate career goals within a project, identification and escalation of employee wellness issues.
- Promote effective two-way communication with the goal of further developing the team "communities."
- Minimum bi-weekly touch base (via phone, email or instant messenger) with each individual member of the team to gauge employee wellness, address issues, concerns, etc.
- Foster a culture/environment where Associates work together well, are motivated, and challenged.
- Promote Associate and peer recognition through JDA established tools and processes.
- Enable Associate development through the aid of internal or external e-learning or educational opportunities; track, plan and monitor Associates effectiveness, certifications, and completion of training plan.
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure Associate career goals are met within a project and to develop project team training opportunities.
- Provide general mentorship to Associates and some level of solution mentoring as well.
- Work with the Resource Controller and VP Technical Services to identify current and future staffing skill needs.
- Manages utilization at the practice level (supply and demand matching)
- Works with VP Technical Services to define and execute on an annual recruitment plan that aligns to the forecast and market demands. Build and execute on-boarding plans for new consultants/architects.
- Consolidate project review feedback and provide a meaningful performance review to each Associate regarding their effectiveness in achieving goals, their development plan and demonstrating competencies.
- Ensures Associates adhere to JDA policies, procedures, methodologies and quality standards.
- Work with the respective Associates to ensure appropriate approval has been obtained prior to incurring non-project related, non-billable expenses and keeping these expenses to a minimum.
- Escalates issues that may have negative financial impact.
- Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve the quality of Technical Services delivery.
- Serve as an escalation point for Technical Services teams and customers, which may require being contactable out of office hours in case of critical issues or a need to manage a sensitive customer relationship.
- Travel up to 50% required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of Supply Chain Consultant experience
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the Supply Chain Planning best practices
- Consulting and implementation experience with JDA SCPO or TMS solutions preferred; other leading Supply Chain Planning and Execution solutions will also be considered.
- Current or prior experience working in a Management role
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for user, management, and executive level audiences.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills required, with the ability to mentor, coach and train JDA Associates
- Flexible and promotes a teamwork environment.