What will be expected from you?
- Leads the PNO-Services technical team in support of the units production, quality, yield, and technology efforts to produce the required product quantities at or below budgeted cost. In addition, the Technical Manager will participate in and guide process improvement plans that will improve the performance of the production processes. Improvement areas will include increased plant production capability, debottlenecking plans, manufacturing efficiencies, yield improvements, and improved environmental performance.
- Oversees day to day technical activities in the plant, supervises technical support personnel and supports efforts to adjust operations parameters to meet changing technical requirements. the Plant Manager and other Support Services Managers of any relevant issues that arise that fall under their responsibilities.
- Manage the introduction of new products into the plant through involvement with the product commercialization team and the product evolution process.
- Protect the Company's intellectual property and be aware of patents relevant to development programs, compliance with all secrecy agreements, and proactive initiation of intervention reports and patent applications.
- Is directly responsible for the development of subordinates and for the retention of the Company's Technical Team members. Working with the HR Partner assure team members are compensated correctly, have a positive working environment in which to work, and that each Associate is appropriately recognized for their accomplishments and contributions.
- Participates in budgeting activities, reviews costs and expenses and strives for continuous improvement in the unit's the operating costs.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure requiredstaffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- BachelorDegree in Chemical, Mechanical, or related Engineering degree and ten years experience with extensive background in plant operations and equipment in a chemical plant or manufacturing facility required.
- Three plus years of supervisory experience in a chemical plant or manufacturing facility required.
- Olefins experiencepreferred.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
- Able to monitor the manufacturing areas 24/7 including areas that require climbing ladders and accessing scaffolding.
- Requires a broad knowledge of engineering principles governing petrochemical operations. Possess the ability to coordinate the activities of operations personnel in all matters necessary to run in a safe, environmentally compliant, reliable and efficient manner.
- Must have high technical and analytical abilities to handle operational problems and plant compliance concerns with quick diagnosis and prompt decisions.
- Must have the ability to motivate and influence people.
- Good communication and diplomacy skills in dealings with plant employees, corporate service groups, customers and general public.