Job Duties and Responsibilities
At Sling TV, we think services based on big bills, bundles, and useless channels are a thing of the past. Sling TV is uniting cord-cutters and smarter consumers everywhere with simply priced mobile access to the top live TV networks — join our team of spirited innovators in changing the way we watch TV. Our office is light, lively, and buzzing with dynamic people. We love what we do, we love who we work with, and we love TV. Brainstorm with us, build with us, banter with us, and even backpack with us — start your next adventure with Sling TV.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Build and promote a work environment for high performance that is highly Agile, Collaborative and team centric
- Lead Scrum Masters for 10+ teams; ensuring all ceremonies are held consistently and per company standards.
- Exercise superb follow-up and follow through skills in all facets of management, driving problems to resolution quickly
- Managing communications with stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborate with internal customers and company leadership to achieve higher level company objectives
- Hire and retain top talent
- Performs 1:1 meetings and management duties associated with the team including caching and performance feedback
- Monitoring of individual and team performance and delivering performance evaluations
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Technical Manager will have the following:
- Ability to build trust, confidence and credibility with your team, expedite team alignment, proactively mitigate issues, keep your team informed and engaged and put their success first.
- BS Degree in Engineering, or in a related or technical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record in the delivery of large scale complex cross-functional projects
- 7-10 years of demonstrated management experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working in a SAFe (Scaled Agile) environment a plus
- 5 or more years of experience managing teams/programs/projects in one or more of the following areas: Satellite or Cable TV, Application or Database Software Development, or Conditional Access Software
- Experience with Product Management a plus
- Ability to manage teams and projects spanning multiple geographic regions (international)
- The ability to determine what processes and best practices are most conducive to productivity, transparency, and coordination.
- Experience in Product Management a plus
- Loves fast paced environment and learning new technologies
- Experience with Atlassian projects like (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PPT, etc.