What You'll Do
You’re deeply motivated Senior Engineer and expected to deliver and lead through others, as well as personally working to reach innovative solutions to business problems You're super thrilled to be the one responsible for power-on and bringing life to the most advanced networking system in the world. You would not hesitate to roll-up sleeves and probe hardware in the lab when required
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- Strong design/programming ethic. Knowledge of crafting embedded software systems in C environments is preferred.
- Commitment to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- Strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is a must.
- Experience designing VOIP GW with L3 and multicast background
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Enterprise Routing Software handles all of enterprise network service such as Voice & Security helping Cisco be the market leader in branch and campus access routing for both wired and wireless.
In order to aggressively continue to grow the revenue, the group is looking for new capabilities and value added network services to current platforms as well as next generation product lines that will help solve critical customer problems.
The routing software team is a group of talented individuals responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and support of all infrastructure and features on the next generation routers
As a member of this team, you will work on voice new features and customer support on voice GW and routing. You will be working right from the product requirements stage all the way through customer support. You will involve product requirement analysis, SW design and implementation, write technical design documents, and perform tests. You will have an opportunity to get direct customer exposure.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated Software Engineer, with a strong background in Networking, Voice and Securitytechnology
Master degree in Computer Science or EE with minimum 5 years of networking industry working experience
- Voice Gateways and networking protocols
- SIP/RTP/IPSec/TLS. SIP related experience is a plus
- Voice authentication and recognition (preferred)
- Voice security and privacy technology
- WebUI for Voice GW configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Java, C and Python, Linux, Cisco IOS
- Linux KVM, AWS, VMware and Cisco UCS.
- Ability to cross compile the Linux kernel for multiple platforms.
- Experience with Linux virtualization technologies like KVM, LXC, Dockers.
- Experience analyzing performance bottlenecks at the kernel/driver level.
- You should be able to own large portions of the software from a technical perspective
- You'll handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
- You've strong team building skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. You'll contribute to overall test strategies
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate