Industry: New Media•
5 - 7 years
Posted 298 days ago
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 450 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The technical lead will be the resource for technological issues in his field. The incumbent is a technical specialist who will assess issues in his/her field of expertise (technical or game console specialization) and be accountable for the technological choices and performances of the systems in which he/she specializes. The incumbent will continue to produce code and define best practices in his/her field of expertise.
* Oversee technical mandates from the CPI, TL or technical architect;
* Be a reference for team members for all technical issues in his/her field of expertise;
* Work as a senior programmer and help program high-risk elements in his/her field of expertise;
* Be proactive in suggesting enhancements and technological choices in his/her field of expertise;
* Assess performances on a regular basis and optimize systems in his/her field of expertise whenever necessary;
* Resolve the most complex technical issues in his/her field of expertise;
* Be a mentor in his/her field of expertise;
* Advise the architect and/or CPI by suggesting corrective measures to meet project objectives whenever necessary;
* Work with technical directors from other working units (design, graphic design, animation, sound, etc.) to ensure the efficiency of the systems in his/her field of expertise that are used by other teams;
* Carry out performance assessments in collaboration with the CPI;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
Related to the Online aspect :
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in programming on a specific console or in a specific field or other relevant experience.
Asset for the Online aspect :
Expertise in online architecture
Experience in online architecture related to the persistence of virtual worlds, instances, services
Experience in latency issues, disconnects, online replication related to the gameplay systems, AI, mission trees, join in progress, dead reckoning
Experience in server and client programming.
Skills and Knowledge
* Analytical and synthesis skills;
* Problem-solving skills;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Autonomy and resourcefulness;
* Sense of initiative;
* Attention to detail;
* Flexibility in organizing work;
* Ability to work as part of a team;
* Ability to adapt to change;
* Results driven.