Our team is changing the face of legal, compliance, and operational risk. Today, our products run over 1200 corporations of all sizes across the globe, representing six of the Fortune 10, almost 40 percent of the Fortune 500, and over 50,000 users in over 150 countries. These teams depend on our technology and our people to help them grow and protect their organizations. Our approach to work is proactive, collaborative, and committed. The professionals who thrive at Mitratech are those who know how to balance individual excellence with teamwork. We believe enthusiasm fuels great work, so we look for people who are truly passionate about creating an environment of transparency, predictability, and control just as we do for our clients.
The Technical Lead is responsible for leading a team of highly skilled Tier III Support Engineers; and documentation of complex technical processes to assist Tier III’s with supporting peripheral products. The perfect candidate for this role will posess strong hands-on coding skillsets, be organized and has experience leading a team while building best practices ( SQL, code reviews, security and performance troubleshooting); and most importantly has a history of delighting clients. This role will act as thought leader when working with development team members and 3rd tier support with regards to prioritization and planning across the product line. The Technical Lead acts as a liaison between the Support and Hosting/Engineering teams. The Technical Lead will also support clients by troubleshooting system configuration and other technical issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works independently with Clients to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. When required provide 3rd tier support, including remote investigation and diagnostics.
- Directly responsible for oversight of staff, tactical execution, and internal documentation
- Responsible for Mitratech product’s version upgrades for on-premise clients.
- Responsible for supporting integrations between Mitratech’s products and third party systems.
- Translates functional specifications into technical specifications to be used by Developers (onshore or offshore).
- Participates in defect prioritization sessions with the Technical Support Manager.
- Ensures internal systems, plans and documentation are updated and maintained. When required, assist with in-house testing, training and administration.
- Any other tasks that from time to time may be assigned to the role.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years in software development, installation and modification in web application.
- Proficiency with relational databases and strong SQL programming skills (required)
- Deep understanding in object oriented programming – Java and J2EE (Spring, Hibernate) (required)
- Strong hands-on experience and database skills in Oracle (version 10g, 11g/12c) and SQL Server (version 2012/2014/2016) (required)
- Solid work experience in Tomcat (7.0 or 8.5).
- Experience in working in Windows and Linux environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge about Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodology.
- Basic Knowledge of Issue Resolution methodologies and processes
- Knowledge of WebLogic (11g or 12c) or WebSphere (7.0/8.5) application server is plus.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence, Reporting (preferably Business Objects or Sisense) is plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent technical discipline (required).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (required).
- Good team player with ability to work both within a team and independently (required).
- Ability and willingness to train others in use relevant tools and technology (required).
- Highly refined communication skills including ability to negotiate, build consensus, clearly articulate to technical and non-technical audiences, communicate difficult messages in professional productive manner, excellent presentation and facilitation competence and ability to represent Support as a leader in cross-functional discussions/initiatives.
- Must have a strong 'can do' attitude and be a self-starter.
- Must be a quick learner with strong problem-solving skill, analytical and solutions oriented.
- Individual should have good interpersonal, communication, and follow up skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to prioritize team’s workload and work accordingly to SLA’s.
- Successful experience leading people through change management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Open to travel up to 20%, including some weekends.