Our client is a world leader in the coating industry.
The Technical Leader is responsible for commercializing new or existing coatings technology and will engage in the conceptualization and development of new coatings, chemical, and engineeringtechnologies to drive new business opportunities.
The Technical Leader will set activities, timetables, and milestones with supporting technical groups.
· Lead and execute projects for consumer and industrial coatings.
· Assign and coordinate activities set timetables of the R&D team to include project completion.
· Participate in strategic planning for future products and businesses with R&D team.
· Prioritize, support, and coordinate all intellectual property initiatives, working closely with internal and external IP council and technology team.
· Manage and collaborate with all outside technical resources, both contractual and academic.
· Engage in the conceptualization and development of new products.
· Provide technical support to new and existing customers.
· Provide hands-on support for new technology commercialization including plant start-up or out-sourcing.
· Masters degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science/Engineering, PhD preferred.
· 10+ years hands on exterior primer/coating experience in an industrial environment.
· Experience in waterborne and solvent borne coatings, urethanes, epoxies, and acrylic alkyds.
· Scientific and managerial leadership in scale-up and commercialization of new products
· Detailed involvement in strategy, development, data collection, and filing of intellectual property.
· Experience in pilots/launch of new products, product testing, and basic research.
· Budgetary responsibility (planning and implementation) for all technical operations.
· Cross-business interaction and communication skills at all levels of management and operations.
· Experienceworking withengineering and manufacturing personnel.
· Knowledge of product design to the manufacturing process.
· Experienced in scientific project planning, milestone setting, and employee performance rating.
· Understanding of the consumer and industrial coatings market
· Proven track record of successful generation of new knowledge, products, or procedures
· Proven ability to use fundamental polymer properties to predict end-use performance.
· Demonstrated use of Design of Experiments DOE.
· Ability to travel approximately 10% of time, domestically and internationally
· Self-starter with solid verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident