About the Team
You will lead and manage the Technical Infrastructure Tools team "Keystone" responsible for designing, building and delivering key tools that help manage the technical building blocks such as Servers, Containers, Storage, Networking, Voice, Databases, Data Centers, Service Desk and Monitoring. Our job is to ensure that every Williams-Sonoma location, associate and customer has the best experience possible utilizing the vast array of technical solutions we provide.
The vision of the Enterprise Tools team "Keystone" is to drive efficiency and innovation across the organization with respect to enterprise-level tools. The team drives efficiency by providing solutions that help automate tasks that are currently performed within the organization. We help drive innovation by continually improving our existing tools and providing value enhancement options of adding new solutions to our environment.
About the Role
In the Technical Lead Manager role, you will be responsible for designing and delivering enterprise integrations and dash boarding tools to support production reliability (monitoring, alerting, event management). You will lead the engineers to deliver performance and service standards from your internal customer's requirements. Under your technical leadership, the teamwill develop new integrations along with a plan to optimize existing tools while consolidating our footprint. The ideal candidate will be unrelenting at implementing with good design principles, solid development practices and deliverables that are secure, repeatable and scalable.
This role reports to the Director of Architecture.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
· Develop the Portal interfaces presented to executive leadership representing, alerting, monitoring and event management/correlation
· Develop automation techniques for system integrations
· Automate the integration of hardware, hypervisor, software defined networking and cloud services into a central request portal capable of building, scaling, and recovering systems or applications
· Be a team player with integrity, passion, initiative, and leadership ability to motivate others
· Be organized, thorough, and extremely detail oriented; take ownership/responsibility of overall work quality
· Love being a problem-solver, multi-tasker and trouble-shooter of complex and diverse systems
· Make hands-on contributions to all aspects of the group's responsibilities
· Drive continual improvement with your scalable solutions
· Demonstrate continual development of your own skills and those around you
· Communicate strategies, project feasibility and timelines to internal Business and Project Stakeholders
· Partner with a cross functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute your strategy
· Use data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
· We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
· A technology and data-driven business
· Competitive salaries, and comprehensive health benefits
· We're at the forefront of retail, redefining technology for the next generation
· We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
· We get to be creative on a daily basis
· We have an experienced leadership team that wants to "do it right" and is open to new ideas
· We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
· We have fun and enjoy our time together!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
· You have a BS or MS in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
· You have a minimum of 5 + years in related work experience
· You have 2-4 years' experience working in system integration or automation
· You are familiar with the principles of DevOps
· You are skilled in Development Languages Python, Bash, Go, C++
· You have superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others
· You are proficient at working in a complex, dynamic technical environment
· You have an expert knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.