Technical Lead (Full - Stack Java), Engineering Systems
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced software engineering leader to build a great product and team, inspire customers and partners, and take our global data platform to the next level. If you are excited about the infinite possibilities that real-time big data solutions bring, read on and apply today!
The technical lead of our global data platform team will contribute as part of a team of highly skilled engineers responsible for extending and growing our world-class big data systems. This lead will collaborate with engineers in our data team and across the company to provide the solutions for problems of data at scale – whether it’s BI, infrastructure management, or game-support capabilities.
- Lead, manage, and mentor team of 4-6 engineers
- Lead research and development efforts to innovate new and improve existing data solutions at Blizzard
- Collaborate with customers and program managers on product development
- Document and share best practices with engineers across Blizzard
- Minimum of five years of professional full-stack engineering experience
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, from commit through deploy
- Strong background in cloud computing and big data systems
- Keen understanding of Agile software development with a heavy emphasis on delivery
- Experience managing high-performance teams and individuals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with and history using Apache products (Kafka, Hadoop, Flume, Spark etc)
- Familiarity with and history using products similar to Elastic Search and Cassandra
- Familiarity with and history building scalable APIs