Job Description Summary
Aegon Corporate Center Financial Risk Management (FRM) is looking for a Financial Data Manager. This role supports critical processes and systems in liability modeling, valuation, and reporting through the collection, validation, calculation, and distribution of financial market data. This is a multi-disciplinary leadership role responsible for maintaining high-quality service to meet internal customer goals, determining business requirements, and directing system enhancements to realize FRM modernization efforts.
- Develop, communicate, and execute the roadmap for FRM data management services
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to integrate data systems and services within Aegon/Transamerica
- Foster customer relationships through regular communication, proactively improving services and anticipating changing requirements
- Supervise daily system operations in close cooperation with Aegon Global Technology resources using Agile design principles (e.g. standups, release scheduling)
- Design and enhance automation for system maintenance, revisions, validation, and analytics
- Acquire subject matter expertise in describing and evaluating use of vendor-provided and calculated data for internal users
- Ensure data quality through performance and review of validation activities
- Establish and adhere to technical and governance controls in accordance with the internal control framework and systems development life-cycle (SDLC)
- Maintain relationships with data and software vendors to remain current on products, services, and enhancements relevant to FRM
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned in support of FRM
- BA/BS in a business, financial, or technical discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Mathematics Computer Science)
- 5+ years of experience with progressive leadership responsibilities (experience in financial services preferred)
- Ability to communicate thoughts clearly in multiple business contexts, including written requirements, one-on-one meetings, and group presentations
- Strategic mindset in prioritizing current tasks and projects while remaining adaptive to changing future states to meet department goals and objectives
- Strong attention to detail; comprehensive in evaluating requirements, defining testing, and reviewing changes to address potential issues before they have significant adverse impact
- Prior experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Proficiency in Excel (experience with spreadsheet modeling and VBA preferred)
- Relational data modeling experience with intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Practical experience in an object-oriented programming language (Python, Java, C++)
- Relevant professional designation (ASA/FSA, CFA, FRM)
- Knowledge of financial instrument analysis, valuation, or modeling
- Experience with financial data vendors (e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, FactSet)
- Experience with asset data management systems (e.g. Asset Control, Markit EDM)
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; capable of leading discussions and promoting ongoing communication with stakeholders
- Creative problem-solving skills in a collaborative environment
- Curiosity in understanding users, markets, and goals of the product and their inter-dependencies throughout the organization
Compatibility with Transamerica’s Future Fit mindset
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as one fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies.