We are looking for a Technical Lead Engineer that will define the next generation of the Aquicore platform. We will challenge you to:
- See the forest in addition to the trees and approach development in a way that emphasizes real value for the organization and all its stakeholders
- Focus on solutions and solve problems rather than just write code
- Develop across the full-stack, from the front-end user experience through back-end object modeling and data relationships
- Bring to life the platform that allows our customers to collect millions of points of data from live sensors in commercial buildings and utilize the information in helpful ways
The Impact you’ll have
As a Technical Lead Engineer, you will work as part of our Data Engineering team to deliver high quality software and redefine how data is collected and used in the real estate industry. In this role, you need a critical eye for detail with the ability to maintain a holistic approach to your work. You appreciate the process but ultimately focus on outcomes. We are a small, tightly knit team and we maintain a fast-paced, data-driven, ever changing environment. If you are hungry to learn and crave responsibility then Aquicore might be the right fit for you.
Who you will work with
In addition to the pure engineering aspects of this role, you will work closely with our Product Management team to ensure we are planning, prioritizing, de-risking, and delivering the highest business value with each feature. This is not solely the responsibility of one team, and you will work with our Engineering teams as well as other business units to ensure that our deliverables are complete, accurate, and meeting the rigorous demands of our customer base.
The skills we are looking for...
- 8+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering team with a focus on embedded software.
- Demonstrable leadership experience with a software team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Highly responsive and able to work in a virtual environment Self-starter with the drive, determination, and ability to take ownership of projects
- Enjoys technology and cutting-edge software and thrives in a small team environment
- Strong desire and ability to mentor team members in technical areas to enable growth
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ and Python
- Strong knowledge of designing and building embedded systems (with both Linux and bare metal)
- Proficiency in networking and RF systems highly desired
- Knowledge of architecting systems and integrations with AWS cloud infrastructure and services
- Basic knowledge of designing server-less cloud functions desirable
- Demonstrable skills using team collaboration tools - GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback well in both code reviews and general coaching sessions
- Strong desire to enhance oneself and team through continuous learning, measurement, and improvement
Within 1 Month you will…
- Complete our training & certification program designed to get you up to speed with our business and our customers.
- You’ll learn about our business, product, vision, and team, and gain an understanding about how your role fits into the AQ family.
- Speak fluently about our customer segments and the businesses that buy and sell real estate who use our product.
- Understand the fundamentals about real estate, how buildings work, and why the real estate industry buys and sells iconic skyscrapers across the cities of the US.
- Understand the key personas within real estate who use our product and why they use it.
- Participate in weekly team meetings that get you up to speed with our development process
- Develop familiarity with our current codebases and software applications.
- Implement bug fixes and feature enhancements that deliver real business value in production.
- Establish a regular cadence of reporting your weekly accomplishments and challenges to your manager.
Within 3 Months you will…
- Deliver high-quality code, constructing meaningful unit tests, and generating user interface tests to ensure the success of your team.
- Participate in your team’s successful completion of multiple milestones for a Product team epic.
- Provide mentoring and feedback to team members through code review cycles.
- Collaborate with other Technical Leads and Product Management to groom and plan the technical components and stories for a Product team epic.
Within 6 Months you will…
- Plan and guide your team’s engineering resources through the successful completion of an epic milestone.
- Working with other engineers develop component/architectural designs based on sound technical theory and reasoning.
- Be able to proactively identify and unblock technical challenges related to scalability and performance of the Aquicore platform.
- Educate, mentor and train team members across the engineering team on engineering trends, industry-standards, and best-practices
- Host an internal Lunch-and-Learn with the engineering team to showcase a new feature, technology, or process enhancement that will benefit the engineering team
Within 12 Month you will…
- Form strong opinions about our Road-map and what we should be building based on your technical knowledge.
- Become a critical voice and contributor to strategic discussions across Product.