Roles & Responsibilities:
- Authority on the design and architecture of display solutions, their evolution and improvement
- Technical supervision and coaching of the optical development team
- Responsible for the quality of the designs and solutions produced by the team
- Optimization of processes and implementation of good design and development practices
- Work closely with our suppliers to establish display solutions (definition of requirements, development, production, life cycle management, etc.)
- Work closely with development and design teams to maximize the performance and efficiency of our display solutions, calibration and design tool
- Responsible for actively conducting quality assurance issues in partnership with Product Specialists, Quality Assurance Experts and our suppliers to maintain and improve the quality of our display products
- Collaborates closely with Visual System and Product Specialist Architects
- Responsible for producing various presentations required for key project milestones (PDR, CDR, etc.) related to our display products
- Collaborates with otherinternal groups (QA, CSR, HW, Mechanics, etc.) to ensure continuity of our display solutions
- Technology watch and knowledge sharing within the team
- Supports innovation projects and university collaboration.
- Supports estimation work and job assignment process.
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical, physics, or equivalent work experience
- Experience and / or knowledge in optics, electro-optics, physics
- At least 10 years of experience in a related field
- Good leadership, good communication skills and easy leadership without direct authority
- Demonstrate skills in analysis, synthesis and problem solving
- Ability to act as an agent of change
- Knowledge with assisted modeling tool (CAD) an asset
- Interest in modeling and real-time simulation systems is an asset.
- Must be willing to travel abroad.
- Must comply with the requirements of the US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and the Canadian secret security clearance with access to NATO documents.