What You'll Do
SLED East seeks a strong Technical Leader with a broad and deep understanding of Cisco’s solution portfolio and Information Technology in the industry to lead technology strategy to Seed the Business of the Future across the market. Success in this role necessitates utilizing and developing cutting edge technology and pushing the envelope for clarity and support to big bet opportunities, as well as support existing known challenges in the business. This is a great opportunity for someone with this background and passion to apply their knowledge and experience in a role that is in the center of a high growth area for Cisco.
- Influence the overall vision, strategy, and execution of the technology verticals within the organization, architecting customer-centric solutions with a focus on business outcomes, and leading efforts to drive methodologies and solutions that facilitate the immersion of technology into key areas of the business.
- Provide leadership and direction to the SIA community, and build deep, strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the customer relationship and delivery teams.
- Work to identify new business opportunities that are consistent with the organization’s growth strategy and have broad application across Services.
- Provide Engineering leadership in selection and integration for M & A activities; ensuring expected business results including revenue growth
- Serve as technology partner to all business segments consulting on technology opportunities with a focus on Big Deal Pursuit Support: Align engineering strategy and investments to shape large deal proposals resulting in increased win rate, customer loyalty, and return on investment
- Lead Engineering innovation by creating and evolving engineering capabilities that drive incremental demand for the premium services SLED offers to the marketplace
- SLED Investments – Secure High Availability of IT Operations to include Managing Strategy, Data Centers, and Labs
Who You'll Work With
The SLED team is comprised of highly motivated leaders, architects, engineers, and program managers that drive leading edge Cisco solutions. This team is leading the way in providing proactive foundational engineering and operations support to SLED customers that expect their networks and data centers to perform at the highest possible levels. We work with our customer in getting their infrastructure ready for future architectures and solutions. We are strongly focused on continuous development and training on new products/technologies that keep us in a leading position as industry leaders.
Who You Are
Excellent leadership, management, communication, influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution, team building and problem solving skills. IT industry and business perspective. Experience working with customers and cross-functionally. Ability to work well with all levels of management as well as technical contributors. Record of successfully leading projects from conception through completion.
- Ability to influence, inspire confidence and build deep and enduring relationships with key executives who influence or make business decisions.
- Requires an undergraduatedegree (or equivalent). MS or MBA is preferred.
- 10 – 15years of experience in customer centric roles, within delivery, IT, pre-sales.
- Requires proven and effective leadership and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with others through conflicting pressures and priorities while resolving complex issues.
- Requires a deep understanding of industry strategies, business challenges, and desired business outcomes and develop a technology, solutions-oriented strategy at a vertical or segment level that can deliver those outcomes.
- Significant previous experience of requirements gathering and solution design in a commercial setting.
- Possess core skills in: problem solving, influencing, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, effective presentation, and active listening.
- Must have CCIE
- Travel 50-100%