Why us, why now?
AAMC is taking an exciting path to digital modernization which will have a significant impact to the growth and success of the organization. As a Technical Lead for Cloud solutions, you will help ensure the satisfaction of our users by analyzing and translating business and technical requirements into a cloud architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve organizational objectives.
How will you make an impact?
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of cloud solutions. That includes and not limited to performing R&D of new products and services, pilots, product selection, hands-on implementations, testing cycles, technical documentation, continual tuning and service improvements, Engineering level support as well as transition to Operation’s teams for L2 support.
You will also be responsible for the Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines and related services, pipelines templates, DevOps tools, automation, auto-scaling, and integrations with on-prem systems, third parties and SaaS providers.
- Create and maintain AWS CloudFormation templates for services and applications’ architectures.
- Identify cloud migration patterns, plan and execute large migrations.
- Continuous support of the CI/CD pipelines on-prem and in AWS.
- Define and set up required monitoring, logging, alerts and audits controls necessary for operations and transition to L2 team for support.
- Automate configuration of servers and services.
- Automate how servers are configured, deployed and managed across hybrid environments.
- Automate manual processes as much possible.
- Responsible for designing and building evaluation environments and labs
- Research and evaluate new technologies, network topology, cloud offerings and solutions.
- Conduct market analysis, capabilities comparison, pilots, document and present findings and recommendations.
- Provide best practice recommendations and guidance for use of the cloud.
- Take the lead on technical escalations and drive incidents/problems until resolution
- Create architecture documents, requirements, network designs, roadmaps, technology maintenance/upgrade lifecycle, execution plans, monitoring and health checks validations, recovery plan, roll back plans, DR solutions.
- Lead/coordinate system changes and upgrades.
- Work with the operations team to upgrade outdated appliances, systems and servers.
- Lead and plan future upgrades and maintenances
- Lead performance and load testing efforts.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Five or more years hands-on experience with AWS Services and DevOps tools.
- Engineering level experience with EC2, EFS, EBS, Load Balancer, SSM, Codepipeline, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, OpsWorks, CloudTrail, Systems Manager, Storage Gateway, VPC, API Gateway, IAM, Certificate Manager, Secrets Manager, AWS Config, Service Catalog, Route53, and ControlTower.
- Engineering level experience with GitHUB, Puppet, and Bamboo.
- Experience supporting a large portfolio of cloud based apps.
- Strong experience with AWS IAM and cloud exchange hybrid deployments.
- Experience creating complex dashboards and reports using Splunk.
- Engineering level experience with AWS CloudFront and Fastly CDN/WAF services.
- Strong in Linux.
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile and DevOps best practices.
- Excellent technical writer and documenting.
- Organized and structured.