The Financial Advisor Services Data and Analytics Team is paving the way for cloud technologies at Vanguard and helping our business gain insights through Data. As a Data and Analytics Tech Lead you will build and maintain infrastructure and tools in a 100% AWS environment. You will help drive technology forward and lead implementations using cloud native technologies like EMR, GLUE, and Sagemaker. As a Tech Lead you will also provide valuable leadership, coaching, and mentoring to a talented and highly technical crew. You will integrate technologies that enable AI and ML to allow our business partners to make predictions and insights on data and trends. Are you ready to lead the way for innovation and drive technology at Vanguard?
In this role you will:
- Collaborating with our business partners in support of developing and delivering data, analytics, visualization, AI/ML, and reporting solutions in an agile and incremental manner.
- Collaborating within the project team as well as across teams within IT to establish and/or evolve best practices in the AWS cloud for such things as system design, security, and performance as well as cost management.
- Supporting and/or leading the evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of technologies and tools in the AWS cloud.
- Ongoing learning with respect to technical domains including analytics, AI/ML, and cloud computing platforms and technologies.
- Ongoing learning with respect to business domains including financial services and, more specifically, financial advice.
Specializations that’ll make an impact:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eight years of technical experience with architecting, developing, and maintaining cloud-based solutions.
- Expert-level knowledge of cloud architecture and supporting technologies AWS (strongly preferred): EC2, ELB, EMR, S3, Kinesis, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Cloud Formation Templates, Sagemaker, Glue etc.
- Strong foundation in and experience with data and analytics related concepts, strategies, and tools.
- Analytics: Data Ingestion, Data Cleansing, Data Preparation/Transformation, Analytics (Prescriptive, Predictive), Analytics (Visualization), and Reporting.
- Knowledge of Python languages.
- Familiarity and experience with the Linux platform and shell scripting (eg., bash).
- Familiarity and experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Delivery concepts and tools such as Bitbucket, Bamboo, Ansible, Sonar, and the Atlassian tool suite
- Willingness and enthusiasm for learning and experimenting with new technologies, tools, and processes
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills, preferred AWS certification: AWS Developer/Architect/DevOps/Big Data.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.