We are looking for a talented Technical Lead for our Finance Engineering team. This team is responsible for all accounting automation-related things. Billing, invoicing, payment processing, financial reporting etc. We are looking for a highly motivated technical leader who is able to wrap their heads around complex challenges and work with the team to come up with simple solutions that make the Finance Platform scalable, reliable and extensible.
You will be expected to apply your strong engineering, problem-solving and leadership skills to prioritise and execute on new feature development and improvements to the existing platform. This will include working closely with the Product team and Finance/Accounting team to help translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, collaborating with your team of engineers.
You will be leading a team that forms a cohort of high performing teams across a multitude of disciplines within engineering. You will work closely with your peers to ensure we are driving towards sustainable system architectures and organisational structures.
- Define standards and implement repeatable development practices
- Ensure the sustainability and robustness of the system deliveries
- Identify and propose improvements to the current system architecture that emphasize reliability and scalability
- Own your systems codebase, ensuring quality standards are met
- Drive scrum/agile processes
- Work with the Product team to deliver roadmap
- Empower, grow and mentor the team
- Ensure continuity and ongoing career development for the team
- Participate in short, medium and long term planning processes
- Participate in recruitment processes for your team and the broader business
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise
- C# (.NET Core) / Typescript (NodeJs)
- Web API / ExpressJs / NestJs
- SQL based data stores (SQL Server, Redshift, PostgreSQL)
- AWS (Cloudformation, Lambda, SNS, SQS, etc)
- FE (Angular 9, rxjs, ngrx)
- Docker/ Kubernetes
- 10+ years of experience within Software Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience within an engineering leadership role
- Extensive proven experience in working with service integration and microservice architecture, aws cloud architecture experience is desirable.
- Strong experience with ASP.NET Core
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Experience with CI/CD and infrastructure as code
- Good understanding of testing strategy, e.g. unit testing vs integration testing
- Ability to plan, organise and schedule work in an efficient and productive manner, understanding business logic and be able to translate into technical implementations