The person in this highly strategic role will spearhead critical engineering initiatives focused on increasing RingCentral’s leadership footprint in the UCaaS domain. S/he should have a demonstrable track record of managing engineering teams across multiple geographies, delivering products that were business critical and industry defining, and highly successful cross-functional collaboration on product architecture, feature definition, and implementation.
This person filling this role will be responsible for improving the media
processing layer in the RingCentral Video client apps on various platforms. This layer will handle the capture, processing and transmission of audio and video from the end-user’s client endpoint in an efficient manner with high quality. This does not include the application and UI layer, which sits above the media processing layer.
Key success factors include a passion for quality and system performance, experience with low-level system software development, plus some experience in real-time communication. We are looking for someone who is hands on with software development (coding) as well as some team management.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the team that is responsible for the audio / video processing layer in RingCentral’s Video client apps on various platforms
- Contribute to system design and development, with a focus on quality and performance
- Provide lower level modules for audio and video capture, processing and transmission, along with higher level API to enable application and UI development for end-user applications
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of strategic projects
- Champion the continuous investigation of new technologies, and promote a culture of innovation
- Team building and hiring management
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in software development with 4+ years managing engineering teams
- Well versed in software design, planning and best practices to manage development projects
- Knowledge of classical algorithms and data structures
- Experience with distributed systems and real time applications
- Experience with system programming using C/C++
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Audio capture and processing, such as acoustic echo cancellation, noise reduction
- Video capture and processing to share live video from webcams and screen content
- Optimizing the application and network stack to deal with packet loss, latency & jitter
- Optimizing system performance on Windows, or Mac OSX
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for creating best in class products