Technical Lead, Application Development
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Technical Lead, Application Development – 10+ Years Experience in our corporate headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising assigned projects, providing technical guidance, and facilitating the technical solutions. The Technical Lead, Application Development will also develop software that supports strategic and innovative company initiatives.
- Manage full software development lifecycle including planning, defining systems work scope, designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting infrastructure;
- Manage multiple project timelines and deliverables;
- Assist in defining development guidelines and standards for optimal solutions;
- Ensure all applications are documented according to standards;
- Provide technical guidance and system process expertise through training and troubleshooting of issues;
- Collaborate with system users and management to identify application development solutions, new applications or modifications to existing programs;
- May contribute to and review deployment plans, installation schedules, and upgrades/fixes to the production environment;
- Prepare and present formal training to IT staff and perform code reviews, as needed; and
- Contribute to strategic planning meetings and provide guidance and expertise on system options,risk, costs vs. benefits, and impacts on businessprocessesand goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Hands-on experience in object-oriented programming (VB.NET, Java or C#);
- Understanding of RESTful architecture;
- Proficient in SQL development (complex queries, stored procedures, and user defined functions) and performance tuning is required;
- Experience in full-stack development;
- Experience in managing software development projects;
- Excellent knowledge of web application design and architecture;
- Experience in mobile applications development;
- Knowledge in networksecurity;
- Proficiency in Agile/Scrum Methodology using TFS;
- Understanding of code requirements;
- Experience managing, guiding, and coaching team members;
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work independently, in a team environment, and with vendors and clients required; and
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!